Mark Prior signs 1-year deal with the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Prior signs 1-year deal with the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:26 pm

And that is what happens when you use steroids... :-/
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:29 pm

Kingctb27 wrote:And that is what happens when you use steroids... :-/

That's such BS I can't believe you wrote it. Hey I know, I'll allege you use PEDs, then get you in a serious t-bone collision with a stout rock running at full speed toward you, and then I'll stand over you and scorn you for using PEDs because you aren't the same anymore. :-t
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby LukeW9027 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:30 pm

Kingctb27 wrote:And that is what happens when you use steroids... :-/

MOD EDIT :-t :-t :-t
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Wherefore art thee, double standard. :-D

Funny how even suggesting that Prior used something resorts in flaming (keep it civil by the way, or there will locking and warnings handed out) and condemning Bonds is basically encouraged by the masses.

Funny that there's nothing but rumor and innuendo linking both.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 pm

This is surprising and different news ;-7

Great title though :-b ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:21 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Wherefore art thee, double standard. :-D

Funny how even suggesting that Prior used something resorts in flaming (keep it civil by the way, or there will locking and warnings handed out) and condemning Bonds is basically encouraged by the masses.

Exactly my point. I'm not going to debate anything because I don't know it for a fact, but I can tell you one thing he doesn't look like a normal pitcher. His calves are the size of a running backs for heavens sake. I probably shouldn't have made the comment but I do believe the reason his tendons are all messed up is because his muscles grew to fast and his tendon's did not keep up. Call me a hater if you want.

If I had to bet one way or the other I definetly would say that he has taken them though.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:12 pm

I wasn't aware the whole Balco thing and grand jury testimony was considered "rumor and innuendo". But that is for another topic.

I think this is the end of what should have been a brilliant career. Whether it was the freak injuries, the workload, or a combination, Mark Prior will never be what he should have been. :~(
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm

Kingctb27 wrote:

Exactly my point. I'm not going to debate anything because I don't know it for a fact, but I can tell you one thing he doesn't look like a normal pitcher. His calves are the size of a running backs for heavens sake. I probably shouldn't have made the comment but I do believe the reason his tendons are all messed up is because his muscles grew to fast and his tendon's did not keep up. Call me a hater if you want.

If I had to bet one way or the other I definetly would say that he has taken them though.

right there with ya'. i don't think it's the only reason...Dusty is a known pitcher butcher, and those fluke injuries obviously had their impact....in some ways, he seems like something of a headcase...maybe that happened after the injuries, i can't remember. seems like a confluence of factors, but for my money, i'd put PEDs right there along with the other factors. obviously, just an opinion though. O:-)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:21 pm

I don't know if you have read my posts regarding Bonds, but I certainly don't have a double standard here. Besides, Prior hasn't been found to use PEDs and Bonds has(amphetamines), no? So your claim of rumor and innuendo yadda yadda yadda
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:23 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
Kingctb27 wrote:

right there with ya'. i don't think it's the only reason...Dusty is a known pitcher butcher, and those fluke injuries obviously had their impact....in some ways, he seems like something of a headcase...maybe that happened after the injuries, i can't remember. seems like a confluence of factors, but for my money, i'd put PEDs right there along with the other factors. obviously, just an opinion though. O:-)

Well, now the well mannered and educated USC product is a headcase. I can't believe how much unsubstantiated crap has been thrown around about Prior here.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers