Mark Prior signs 1-year deal with the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Prior signs 1-year deal with the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:18 am

If I was Prior, I would just retire at this point.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:47 pm

SirDunkALot wrote:;-D @ the Title.

:-t :-t at how far Prior has fallen..
;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:52 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Dusty Baker cost Prior and Wood hundreds of millions of dollars.

As was reported and intuitively assumed, confident pitchers who want to be the best do not want to come out of the game. I think we'd hear accusations from players who were claiming "Dusty made me stay in". Schmidt pitched under Dusty and had his best two years after he left. Prior and Wood are as responsible for their own health as anyone. If Dusty did have significant impact, the training staff and front office are as much to blame.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Just bring him home .. just bring Mark home .. ::walks away shaking his head::
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:20 pm

wrveres wrote:Just bring him home .. just bring Mark home .. ::walks away shaking his head::

prior doesnt want to go home, he loves chicago and wants to come back as a cub.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
fantasyfiend wrote:Dusty Baker cost Prior and Wood hundreds of millions of dollars.

As was reported and intuitively assumed, confident pitchers who want to be the best do not want to come out of the game. I think we'd hear accusations from players who were claiming "Dusty made me stay in". Schmidt pitched under Dusty and had his best two years after he left. Prior and Wood are as responsible for their own health as anyone. If Dusty did have significant impact, the training staff and front office are as much to blame.

I am pretty sure Marcus Giles and Brad Hawpe had a far greater impact on Mark Priors troubled history, than say 130 pitches Dusty Baker had Mark toss in a game 4 years ago.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby biju » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:37 pm

I don't really want to do it and will likely get flamed for it, but I'm surprised nobody has brought up the "S" word when talking about why Prior has had such difficulties staying healthy the past few years.

I seriously doubt it was being over-worked in 2003. Dusty is just a convenient scapegoat in my opinion.
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:38 pm

wrveres wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:

I am pretty sure Marcus Giles and Brad Hawpe had a far greater impact on Mark Priors troubled history, than say 130 pitches Dusty Baker had Mark toss in a game 4 years ago.

I usually include the freak injury thing, but Wood didn't have them.

I probably have seen 95% of the innings Prior has pitched in the MLB - He was not the same after the Giles collision. That and (are you sure it was Hawpe?) the other freak accident, along with simple mechanics, are the main reasons, not abuse or PED use .
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:02 pm

Prior will make a great sleeper in 2009. :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Philomath » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 pm

How about Prior's college days and minor days? I mean, what was his workload like back then and weren't there whispers about him using a lot of steroids in his younger days. The dude does have tree trunks for legs.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers