My team is doing ok but I have some bums WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team is doing ok but I have some bums WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team is doing ok but I have some bums WHIR

Postby rhs05d » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm in an 8 team, 5x5, roto league on yahoo. I am currently leading, and have been near the top all year long, but I have some guys that are providing absolutely nothing (I'm still up there because some guys are playing out of their minds right now). There are some nice players available in FA but I wanted to ask you guys what you would do first. Here's my team...

C Kenji Johjima
1B Paul Konerko
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Bobby Abreu
Util Jim Thome
BN Magglio Ordonez - OF
BN Edgar Renteria - SS
BN Corey Patterson - OF
BN Kelly Johnson - 2B/OF

SP Roy Halladay
SP Brandon Webb
P Rich Hill
P Chris Capuano
P Aaron Harang
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Todd Jones
P Chris Ray
DL Jason Schmidt

Paul Konerko is playing horrendous, but dropping him is not an option because he can/will come around in a big way. I was thinking about picking somone up until he comes around because I really haven't used Maggs or Patterson at all. Adrian Gonzalez is available and so are guys like Shawn Green and Chris Duncan who can play 1B/OF.

I just dropped Barfield for Kelly Johnson because he can play 2B/OF, he's a Brave, and I'm a homer.

Johjima started off hot but has cooled off fast. I'm not giving up on him but Pudge is available and that has me thinking.

Also, my league has Bonds, David DeJesus, and Nick Markakis still out there, who I'm considering picking up in place of Maggs/Patterson.

Thanks for any feedback fellas, it's greatly appreciated.
rhs05d
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MendozaLineup » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Oh man...where to start....

First, bonds and markakis should NOT be out there, even with an 8 team league...I'd definitely drop C Patt for one of them; Ordonez - ehhh...up to you...too bad your OF is stacked, but that may mean you can trade one of your studs for something elsewhere

Keep Johjima...keep an eye on Gonzalez...he may be legit, but again you don't have room

Personally, I'd be looking to acquire a stud SP and/or RP with one of your OFs....Carp, Zam on the cheap, Huston Street, etc....depends on the owner and who you match up with...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=275587
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bats2584 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:54 pm

I would keep Mags and shop him around, drop Patterson for Markakis or DeJesus. I would think about Bonds too but I have a hard mange him in Fantasy Baseball.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 42#2228842
bats2584
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ILoveBush » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:45 pm

I would drop Maggs and Patterson for Markakis and Bonds and I would consider dropping Renteria for Adrian Gonzalez for a replacement while Konerko struggles. Renteria will never play for your team, so unless you can shop him around, which is hard in an 8 team league, I would use the bench spot for Gonzalez.

help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=275667
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team