Buy Low/Sell High Candidates - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates

Postby WebHamster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:35 pm

This thread contains comments on Chad Engel's Article "Buy Low/Sell High Candidates", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on April 23, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 pm

One minor disagreement. This is not the right time to be selling BJ Upton. He has had a good start, but his value can go up.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:20 pm

I understand you were doing buy low/sell high from a position-by-position standpoint, but I don't know if I'd classify Roberts as a buy low. If it's anything, he's been a downer in BA, but the run of SB's and the fact that he still floats ahead the rest of the 2B pack at the end of the day, doesn't really make Roberts a huge buy low in my opinion.

I'd be interested in how the situation in Philly puts Myers' value as far as the rest of the season goes, as it seems to be in flux. Most rational managers wouldn't have placed Myers in the pen to begin with, but I reckon I would go only as high as Broxton in dealing for Myers. Odds are he could go for dirt cheap anyway. I just picked Myers off FA today in one of my leagues in fact.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:27 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I understand you were doing buy low/sell high from a position-by-position standpoint, but I don't know if I'd classify Roberts as a buy low. If it's anything, he's been a downer in BA, but the run of SB's and the fact that he still floats ahead the rest of the 2B pack at the end of the day, doesn't really make Roberts a huge buy low in my opinion.

He's currently outranked by 22 other 2B at Yahoo. That's why he qualifies. #221 overall while someone like Kinsler is #4 overall. If there's ever a time when those ranks and other people's performances will land you Roberts cheap, it's right now. ;-)

EDIT: I haven't read this article yet, but I will.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I understand you were doing buy low/sell high from a position-by-position standpoint, but I don't know if I'd classify Roberts as a buy low. If it's anything, he's been a downer in BA, but the run of SB's and the fact that he still floats ahead the rest of the 2B pack at the end of the day, doesn't really make Roberts a huge buy low in my opinion.

He's currently outranked by 22 other 2B at Yahoo. That's why he qualifies. #221 overall while someone like Kinsler is #4 overall. If there's ever a time when those ranks and other people's performances will land you Roberts cheap, it's right now. ;-)

EDIT: I haven't read this article yet, but I will.
Exactly. These are all based off of Yahoo rankings.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:03 pm

I have both of your buy low SS. :~(
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I have both of your buy low SS. :~(
Definitely don't sell low. Unless you're selling them to me.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jamastaballa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Not sure how I feel about beating down Tim Hudson already...it's not like he lost all talent. The guy can pitch, and seems to have found himself again.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby fiz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:57 pm

jamastaballa wrote:Not sure how I feel about beating down Tim Hudson already...it's not like he lost all talent. The guy can pitch, and seems to have found himself again.

im wondering the same thing. he's looking good. for an idea of his value, i was offered zimmerman for him and am likely to do it...
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jamastaballa » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:00 pm

I don't know if I'd take Zimmerman for him right now...Hudson could win 16-18 with that bullpen and offense behind him. He's looking like a monster...we're comin', we're comin'...
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Article Discussions