Rose admits betting tonight... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball History

Rose admits betting tonight...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rose admits betting tonight...

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:07 am

"Charlie Hussle" apoplogized for betting on baseball tonight. That is aproximately the 4,200th thing he's done to get into the hall. We live in a day and age in which nearly every fan that follows baseball bets on fantasy sports (often multiple leagues), office pools, and on-line gaming. What did Pete Rose do that was so bad? Threatened the integrity of the game??? Players have corked bats, used steriods, thrown bottles during bar fights, beat people up and raped women----and are still playing!!!! Rose has been banned for 14 years for doing something far less threatening to the integrity of the game. Sure he bet on baseball in a position of influence, but he never bet against the Reds---come on Pete Rose does not have an ounce of lose in his body, he bet on the REDS because he believed in the Reds---all other bets on all other baseball games were meaningless in my eyes, he had no power to alter the outcomes---no more than the fantasy owner can control whether Arod will put up enough stats to make the $52 fantasy salary worth it.

The Hall of Fame is about accomplishments on the field, not ones troubles (or lackthereof) off the field.

Thanks Pete, this fan accepts your apology and wished todays players played the game half as hard as you did.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:09 am

Apology? I never heard an apology? He didn't even act like he was sorry.

I don't buy it. Leave his memoribilia in the hall for his accomplishments on the field, but keep the man out of the Hall and as far away from baseball as humanly possible.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:17 pm

I dont think that naything should be in the Hall. He BROKE THE RULES. And your right, he never said sorry. He wants to be in the hall for himself. This is why The people dont pick whos in the Hall
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:49 am

eftda's point about breaking the rules is interesting. Clearly, Rose did so, but on the other hand, so do many other players in many different ways, many of which we just laugh about. I guess I'm just curious: which rules do you folks think are the ones that should carry such a supreme penalty for being broken? Just gambling and fixing games (or conspiring to), or are there others?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball History