David DeJesus: late scratch, minor ankle injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

David DeJesus: late scratch, minor ankle injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David DeJesus: late scratch, minor ankle injury

Postby The Big Train » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:58 pm

KANSAS CITY -- David DeJesus will miss his first start of the season Sunday afternoon. The center fielder and leadoff hitter was originally in the starting lineup but was scratched about an hour before first pitch because of a sore right ankle suffered in Saturday's game.

The injury occurred in the first inning, when DeJesus ran to second base after Mark Grudzielanek's infield single. He is listed as day-to-day and can be available in an emergency situation.

It appeared DeJesus wasn't hurt. He called time and walked around for a few minutes but stayed in the game. After the contest, manager Buddy Bell said DeJesus was healthy for Sunday's contest, but DeJesus felt some pain Sunday.

"I guess his ankle just rolled over," the manager said Saturday. "Early in the game, the dirt out there can be a little wet, so I think that contributed to it. He is fine."

DeJesus is the team leader in several offensive statistics, including at-bats (72), hits (25), total bases (40), homers (three) and batting average (.347). He is the only Royal who has more than 35 at-bats and is hitting above .265.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/a ... sp&c_id=kc
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fbc_fan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:16 pm

i want to see what this guy could do with a full season, but he never can manage to stay healthy for more than 120 games.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates