Is this a last place team? Please help..WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this a last place team? Please help..WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:36 pm

5x5 Roto, Mixed Keeper. 60+ points outside of even sniffing 1st. Bottom of barrell..Getting slaughtered!

C Varitek
1st Pujols
2nd Kinsler
3rd Aram
SS F. Sanchez
OF Holliday
OF Andruw Jones
OF J. Hamilton
OF Tavares
OF Duffy
DH Konerko
DH Fielder
DH Sosa

P Dice-K
P Smoltz
P C. Zambrano
P Harden
P Gorzelanny
P Broxton
P Zumaya
P Wheeler
P Frasor

Bench
Clemens
Linebrink
M. Gonzalez
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDooner64 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Not bad, u have a lot of guys that arent producing yet. You could use more closers, keep ur eye open for injuries / replacements as the year goes on. Duffy and Sosa suck, im sure u can find some better people in free agency. Starters are pretty solid.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:25 pm

TheDooner64 wrote:Not bad, u have a lot of guys that arent producing yet. You could use more closers, keep ur eye open for injuries / replacements as the year goes on. Duffy and Sosa suck, im sure u can find some better people in free agency. Starters are pretty solid.

Duffy has been one of my better players, on the year a .290 hitter with 8 Runs and 4 SB's so far, not too bad. Can't get rid of him
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDooner64 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:18 pm

I dont know where u got those numbers, but I just checked and Duffy is hitting 0.267 with 6 runs and 2 stolen bases. Plus he's not even playing full time.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TopHatCat » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:25 pm

TheDooner64 wrote:I dont know where u got those numbers, but I just checked and Duffy is hitting 0.267 with 6 runs and 2 stolen bases. Plus he's not even playing full time.

Check out Duffy's Espn profile

Kemper is right, he's hitting .292, 9 runs, 4 stolen bases.

The pirates have played 17 games this year, Chris Duffy has played in 17 games this year. He's playing full time.

---

As for your team in general, you have a lot of power hitters starting slowly (pujols, no power from aram, fielder, a jones, konerko), be patient. I would get rid of Tavares and Sosa however, both of these one category guys will kill your average and they aren't good enough at stealing bases or hitting homers to make up for it. Even if you keep Tavares, that still leaves you with only two base stealers, either trade for one or more guys who can chip in stolen bases or just punt it entirely.

On the pitching side of things, you definitely need more then 2 closers, especially for roto. Your top 4 starters are good (but with some risks with Harden's history, Dice-K's non-history, and Smoltz's age). I'd try dealing one of your power hitters for a mid-tier closer and number 2 type starter.
TopHatCat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby celerystalksme » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:36 pm

duffy and sosa are the only guys that i don't like of all your bats. and even then...right now, both are productive. your offensive numbers should be ok...just give it time.

your SP's are good too...just have to wait for zambrano to get it together.

but man...saves might be a lost category. wheeler is all you got after frasor leaves the position when ryan comes back.

i'm not sure if this team will contend for the league lead...but it's definitely not a last place team. just give the team a little more time.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275793
celerystalksme
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team