JJ Hardy for Real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

JJ Hardy for Real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:50 am

From May 25th, 2005 when he finally started to drive the ball until today.

121 G
478 AB
.268 AVG
60 R
20 HR
68 RBI
1 SB

Projected over 550 AB
550 AB
.268 AVG
69 R
23 HR
78 RBI
1 SB

I assume his R/RBI goes up some since the lineup is better and he's batting 2nd full time instead of 8th sometimes.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby alchemy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:37 am

I'd say given his 5 homeruns last year in 120 or so at bats plus his start this year should be indicative that he will top 20 home runs.

The bigger question with him is whether or not he will bat above .250 and if a .250 20-homerun SS is worth having.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby x_Momentum » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:05 pm

I personally think he is not for real. JJ Hardy is having some good times right now and it just isnt going to last, plain and simple. JJ Hardy is just like a bunch of other fantasy baseball "whos?" that just randomly start getting picked up by the tens of thousands for a 2 Homer day or some kind of hot streak. Take into consideration last years Chris Shelton. Yeah, Shelton is still in the Minors, if I am correct?
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theultimate69 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:23 am

Ender wrote:Personally I think he's a better SS than Reyes for real baseball, better fielder, more power he just doesn't steal.

:-P
theultimate69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brock middlebrook » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:23 am

x_Momentum wrote:I personally think he is not for real. JJ Hardy is having some good times right now and it just isnt going to last, plain and simple. JJ Hardy is just like a bunch of other fantasy baseball "whos?" that just randomly start getting picked up by the tens of thousands for a 2 Homer day or some kind of hot streak. Take into consideration last years Chris Shelton. Yeah, Shelton is still in the Minors, if I am correct?

I'll disagree

Personally, I think he'll be .270 80 22 75 3

which isn't bad for a SS.
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby godallahstar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 am

godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Third Day » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:50 am

The Brewers have a new batting coach this year and it seems like Hardy and a lot of other players are buying in so far. It will be interesting to see if they listen to him for the entire year, it's his first season in the majors and I think he's in his middle 50s.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 276)

Postby TheDocIsIn » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:01 am

Ender wrote:Personally I think he's a better SS than Reyes for real baseball, better fielder, more power he just doesn't steal.

Are you insane?

Reyes is just as good defensively and a much better hitter IMO. Power is only one part of hitting and some will argue Hardy doesn't even beat Reyes in that category either. When you consider Reyes also steals a ton of bases, I'm not sure where you're coming from with that comment.

I don't think there is one GM in the MLB that would take Hardy over Reyes, and that is real baseball.
TheDocIsIn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 am

TheDocIsIn wrote:

Are you insane?

Reyes is just as good defensively and a much better hitter IMO. Power is only one part of hitting and some will argue Hardy doesn't even beat Reyes in that category either. When you consider Reyes also steals a ton of bases, I'm not sure where you're coming from with that comment.

I don't think there is one GM in the MLB that would take Hardy over Reyes, and that is real baseball.

Give it two years when both guys are fully established and we can discuss it. Hardy hasn't even played a full season yet. I stand by what I said, I think Hardy is a better fielder and is going to be a better hitter, though to be fair I think Reyes' power last year was an outlier. Reyes will have the speed but its generally overrated anyway. Reyes will probably Jeter his way to a gold glove or two I imagine but I still don't think he's a top end fielding SS.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:50 am

theultimate69 wrote:

:-P

will we ever hear the phrase "NL MVP" and jj hardy in the same sentence?
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers