Adrian Gonzalez (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adrian Gonzalez (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pantagrapher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:34 pm

markj11 wrote:I love these threads about people when they are hot. Such high expectation. Where's the one about Dunn stealing 25-30 bases a few weeks ago?


What's your opinion on Adrian?
pantagrapher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby markj11 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:43 pm

pantagrapher wrote:
markj11 wrote:I love these threads about people when they are hot. Such high expectation. Where's the one about Dunn stealing 25-30 bases a few weeks ago?


What's your opinion on Adrian?


I have him and love what he is doing but I am looking for .310AVG 28HR 87R 95RBI.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Postby Young 8 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:55 pm

markj11 wrote:
pantagrapher wrote:
markj11 wrote:I love these threads about people when they are hot. Such high expectation. Where's the one about Dunn stealing 25-30 bases a few weeks ago?


What's your opinion on Adrian?


I have him and love what he is doing but I am looking for .310AVG 28HR 87R 95RBI.


strange numbers
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1324
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Young 8 wrote:
markj11 wrote:
pantagrapher wrote:
markj11 wrote:I love these threads about people when they are hot. Such high expectation. Where's the one about Dunn stealing 25-30 bases a few weeks ago?


What's your opinion on Adrian?


I have him and love what he is doing but I am looking for .310AVG 28HR 87R 95RBI.


strange numbers


Yeah, could be closer to .309AVG 28HR 87R 94RBI.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Postby thedude » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Fugetaboutit wrote:that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Gonzalez went 83/24/82 .300. When did Shelton ever do that over the course of a whole season? Not to mention that Gonzalez was a first overall pick, so the talent has always been there to begin with.


Since when is dumb to say that someone who has never hit 30 homers is not a lock for 30?

I noted that Adrian is better than Shelton. But people were saying the same thing about Shelton 12 months ago.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby davidmarver » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:00 pm

thedude wrote:
Fugetaboutit wrote:that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Gonzalez went 83/24/82 .300. When did Shelton ever do that over the course of a whole season? Not to mention that Gonzalez was a first overall pick, so the talent has always been there to begin with.


Since when is dumb to say that someone who has never hit 30 homers is not a lock for 30?

I noted that Adrian is better than Shelton. But people were saying the same thing about Shelton 12 months ago.

You can say he's not a lock for 30. No one is a lock for 30. Anything can happen.

However, Gonzalez is already at 7 and was a monster in the second half of last season. He's a former #1 pick with a plethora of talent, has a beautiful swing, hits lefties just as well as righties, and has opposite field power, which will help immensely in Petco. I just don't see how, if he stays healthy, he will not hit 30.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Lordrevolution » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 pm

Just traded him and Kazmir for Peavy.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 411
Joined: 23 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby janssenlbd » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:51 pm

I think he'll end up at about 30-32 hr, but its ridiculous to say he's a lock for 30.

He plays in a notorious pitcher's haven and has little protection in the line-up. Some of you are acting it would be a shock if he didn't reach 30, but barring injury- i would put his chances at a little better than 50/50.
C: Barrett
1b: Teixeira
2b: Upton
SS: Rollins
3b: Braun
OF: Soriano, Lee, Rios
Util: Holliday
BN: Atkins, Hart, A. Jones

SP: Santana, Halladay
RP: Putz, Papelbon
P: Lincecum, Ol. Perez, Bush
BN: Gallardo, Sheets(DL), P. Martinez(DL)
janssenlbd
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 107
Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BALCO All-Stars, germani40, OBPlover and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact