Cole Hamels... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cole Hamels...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cole Hamels...

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:13 pm

i own him in my dynasty league, and was actually thinking about dealing him....haha glad i didn't...not that Hamels was pitching terribly the first couple starts, but i think tonight was finally the real Cole Hamels...

First 3 games...

19 IP, 19 H, 7 ER, 4 BB, 18 Ks, 1 W

he just about matched these stats in one night...

9 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 15 Ks, 1 W

granted not pitching against the best of teams tonight (cincy), but is this what is expected the rest of season (im not saying 15 Ks a night, but close to it)...anyone wanna toss out some projections, i was hoping for 15-17 wins, 200+Ks, mid 2 ERA, 1.20-1.30 Whip...is that too much or is that too little?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDooner64 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:16 pm

I have Hamels, Felix, Lilly, and F. Cordero on all of my teams and they're all kicking ass. Hamels will strike out 200+ for sure.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pitcherintherye » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:55 pm

TheDooner64 wrote:I have Hamels, Felix, Lilly, and F. Cordero on all of my teams and they're all kicking ass. Hamels will strike out 200+ for sure.

I have Hamels too; but what scares me is his history, not his stuff. Ofcourse he'll strike out 200...If he stays healthy. It's like rich harden...there's no doubt he's an ace (and quite possibly be one of the best), but will he stay healthy? Same thing now applies to felix, I guess.
"I put the 'K' in chaos..."

"but there's no K in chaos"

"oh...figures"
pitcherintherye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Cole Hamels...

Postby Midnight_Toker » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:10 am

bazzy_51 wrote:i own him in my dynasty league, and was actually thinking about dealing him....haha glad i didn't...not that Hamels was pitching terribly the first couple starts, but i think tonight was finally the real Cole Hamels...

First 3 games...

granted not pitching against the best of teams tonight (cincy), but is this what is expected the rest of season (im not saying 15 Ks a night, but close to it)...anyone wanna toss out some projections, i was hoping for 15-17 wins, 200+Ks, mid 2 ERA, 1.20-1.30 Whip...is that too much or is that too little?

Cole Hamels pitched Terribly his first 3 starts?

1-0 w-L

3.32 era

18 K's

4 Walks

1.21 Whip

8.53 K/9

is not terrible at all in my opinion. Sure, his complete game tonight was sick .... but he Definitely did not pitch horribly in those first 3 starts either ......
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby x_Momentum » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:48 am

When Hamels is healthy, he is the definition of the real deal. Just hope he doesnt pull a Prior. :-o
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Cole Hamels...

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:48 am

Midnight_Toker wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:i own him in my dynasty league, and was actually thinking about dealing him....haha glad i didn't...not that Hamels was pitching terribly the first couple starts, but i think tonight was finally the real Cole Hamels...

First 3 games...

Cole Hamels pitched Terribly his first 3 starts?

1-0 w-L

3.32 era

18 K's

4 Walks

1.21 Whip

8.53 K/9

is not terrible at all in my opinion. Sure, his complete game tonight was sick .... but he Definitely did not pitch horribly in those first 3 starts either ......

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:54 am

Hamels looks a bit bulked up this year...hopefully he's got more stamina.
SirGrotius
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates