Scott Olsen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scott Olsen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Olsen

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:50 pm

surprised there's hasn't been a thread on this guy yet... 4 starts in and his stats have been pretty subpar, to the least. More BB's than K's will do that to you :-o

Any particular reasons for this lousy play of his? :-?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 3712
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 1 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scott Olsen

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:surprised there's hasn't been a thread on this guy yet... 4 starts in and his stats have been pretty subpar, to the least. More BB's than K's will do that to you :-o

Any particular reasons for this lousy play of his? :-?


Yea, I drafted him
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 574
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scott Olsen

Postby High Heater » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:57 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:surprised there's hasn't been a thread on this guy yet... 4 starts in and his stats have been pretty subpar, to the least. More BB's than K's will do that to you :-o

Any particular reasons for this lousy play of his? :-?


Yea, I drafted him


lol
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2674
Joined: 20 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Palm Coast, FL

Postby RedSoxdominate » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:36 pm

I have him and Brett Myers, and I can't keep waiting on both. They're both killing me. How much longer do we give Olsen before it's time to give up?
RedSoxdominate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 86
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: McLean, VA

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:49 pm

I'm giving him a couple more starts. But he does pitch in a friendly ballpark so perhaps he turns things around.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:36 am

Well, looking strictly at his stats his big problem is control. He's giving up far too many walks and combined with the slightly elevated BABIP is making his ERA go through the roof. Add to this that he's not dominating hitters at the rate he was last year.

If he starts striking out more hitters and stops walking people he'll bounce back nicely. I think he may be a pretty good candidate to buy low.

Then again, if he doesn't correct the walks he's going to be a very mediocre pitcher with a good strikeout rate.
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1077
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:38 am

biju wrote:Well, looking strictly at his stats his big problem is control. He's giving up far too many walks and combined with the slightly elevated BABIP is making his ERA go through the roof. Add to this that he's not dominating hitters at the rate he was last year.

If he starts striking out more hitters and stops walking people he'll bounce back nicely. I think he may be a pretty good candidate to buy low.

Then again, if he doesn't correct the walks he's going to be a very mediocre pitcher with a good strikeout rate.


One or two more starts like he's had this season and he won't be a buy low, he'll be a pick up off the wire for free. I have some real concerns over his ability to bounce back since control has been something he's struggled with his whole career. Without the Ks he isn't worth the WHIPing you take starting him.
Image
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1649
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: First place baby

Postby mbuser » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:18 am

in 52 ABs so far righties have put up a .327/.433/.500 line. last season in 522 ABs it was .255/.336/.437

i have him in 4 leagues btw ....
Image
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1197
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:33 am

mbuser wrote:in 52 ABs so far righties have put up a .327/.433/.500 line. last season in 522 ABs it was .255/.336/.437

i have him in 4 leagues btw ....


Me too brotha, and personally I'm starting to bench him until his #'s indicate he is bettering his control. I mean I started him against Washington thinking it would be his bounce back start and he got hit, so now I can't trust him.
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:14 am

it's because he looks like Slim Shady in his Yahoo photo.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 7167
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact