Trades? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Trades?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trades?

Postby cubsrock » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Its early, but if the cubs manage to avoid any major injuries before the deadline, do you think they will trade away a few players? They have to many outfielders and pitchers, and I'm sure they would like to make room for theriot to play in the middle infield. I'm sure that by the deadline, there will be teams who would love to have some of the talent that the cubs have on the bench.
cubsrock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trades?

Postby Humdinger » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:45 pm

agreed....Maybe try to get another ace pitcher or a guy who hits for average rather than power

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=264937&highlight=
Humdinger
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ironman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 am

I just hope they send Jock Jones packing.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:09 pm

At this point, I hope they trade Murton. I love the kid, and I think he will be a real solid everyday player in the bigs. He sure doesn't belong in AAA.

But it's clear the Cubs don't care in the least about OBP, and they aren't ever going to give him a fair shot again. All the proof you need of that is the signing of Soriano and Floyd in the offseason.

So I hope he ends up somewhere that he can play everyday and put up his .360-.370 OBP for a team that will appreciate it.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cubsrock » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:09 am

I've heard rumors of sending jones and marshall to the reds for Jr. I have mixed thoughts on this one. If Jr. would avoid injury and hit the 50+ homeruns he's on pace to hit, the deal would be great. Also, he could bat cleanup allowing A-Ram to bat 5th where he is more comfortable hitting. It could backfire though if Jr. would get injured like usual (although playing right instead of center will reduce the risk). Also, even though it would fit in with the win now team that the cubs have built, losing marshall wouldn't be good because he has been great and is only going to get better.

I've also heard rumors of geting gange or chad cordero in a deal involving murton, but I don't know any other details. At this point, anything that can help the bullpen is a good deal for the cubs.

I've also heard talk about tejada, but I haven't heard who we would be giving up. I know in the past there were talks involving prior and cedeno, but that won't happen considering prior's career is most likely over and cedeno has pretty much sucked at life after his impressive first season.
cubsrock
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Chicago Cubs