Dave Wright! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dave Wright!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dave Wright!

Postby dans2 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Whats been going on with him.. what a slow damn start. You think an injury could be the problem, sure he had the hit streak, but other than that he hasn't really been producing.
dans2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Only 6 HR since last years ASB, and none this year. I'm not sure if it's an injury because I would think it would have healed in the offseason. He's still hitting, it's just that the power is gone. Very weird.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dans2 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:50 pm

yeah, im gettin kinda nervous for my first round pick... althought pujols, howard, soriano etc... are also starting slow, you think Wright will atleast match last years numbers?
dans2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby King-Kobe » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:22 pm

You spent a first round pick on Wright? Ouch!!! No he wont come close to last years numbers. Last years power numbers were a fluke.
King-Kobe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dodgerf » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:24 pm

I am regretting picking Wright early in the 2nd round...I have watched him play quite a bit this year and he has no power. Everyone was really high on him coming into this year but what worries me is that he had no power in the second half of last year. David Wright=Placido Polanco
dodgerf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:01 pm

King-Kobe wrote:You spent a first round pick on Wright? Ouch!!! No he wont come close to last years numbers. Last years power numbers were a fluke.

How can you possibly say that last years power numbers were a fluke when he put up nearly indentical numbers the two years prior to last year?

In his first year in the bigs, at age 21, he hit 14 homers in only 69 games. The following year, he hit 27 homers, and last year he ended up with 26. Last year he got off to a hot start, then cooled off significantly (power wise) after the All-Star break. Now, he's just off to a slow start instead of a fast one. He'll pick it up, be patient.

I own him in my main dynasty league and I am in now way worried about his slow start. He's too talented and too hard of a worker to not find his way out of this slump. I would be very suprised if he ends the year with less then 20 homers.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:06 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
King-Kobe wrote:You spent a first round pick on Wright? Ouch!!! No he wont come close to last years numbers. Last years power numbers were a fluke.

How can you possibly say that last years power numbers were a fluke when he put up nearly indentical numbers the two years prior to last year?

In his first year in the bigs, at age 21, he hit 14 homers in only 69 games. The following year, he hit 27 homers, and last year he ended up with 26. Last year he got off to a hot start, then cooled off significantly (power wise) after the All-Star break. Now, he's just off to a slow start instead of a fast one. He'll pick it up, be patient.

I own him in my main dynasty league and I am in now way worried about his slow start. He's too talented and too hard of a worker to not find his way out of this slump. I would be very suprised if he ends the year with less then 20 homers.

i couldn't believe that when i saw it either, to call Wright's power a fluke you must be out your damn mind...this kid is a rock, his average is still riding high, and its just a mental thing right now...so much pressure on getting that 1st homer, he hits less then 20-25 homers i will be GREATLY surprised....i also own him in a dynasty league and wouldn't think about trading him and him biting me in the a$$ for years to come...the power will come don't worry about it, i mean he didn't put up 25+ homers 2 years straight and then only hit 10 thers no damn way...be patient he will come around to smokin the balls out of the park soon

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby moose32 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:32 pm

you might be waiting a while. he looks terrible at the plate. he was fanning on 89mph fastball
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rentz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:43 pm

i'm a little worried about wright too, he was my 1st round pick (17 team league and i picked near the bottom).... i'm hoping he turns it around, all i need from him is the all aroundness... avg, rbi, sb
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates