Just curious: (regarding ARod) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just curious: (regarding ARod)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just curious: (regarding ARod)

Postby SirDunkALot » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Does anybody think he has a shot at breaking Bonds HR record? Or is this a dream April? I know we all know that ARod is this good.. but my goodness, this man is on FIRE. Coming out with a vengenace.
SirDunkALot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm

I hope he breaks the record, wins the MVP award, and wins a World Series, than opts out of his contract and tells New York to go screw themselves. :-]
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:54 pm

Old_Style wrote:I hope he breaks the record, wins the MVP award, and wins a World Series, than opts out of his contract and tells New York to go screw themselves. :-]
you forgot to add... and leads my keeper league team to a fantasy championship!
A-Rod has the talent to do this all year, and now he has the motivation... a new contract ;-D Seriously though, I think Rodriguez is going to have another MVP year... in fact I would recommend trading any player (outside of Pujols) for him right now.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Old_Style » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:I hope he breaks the record, wins the MVP award, and wins a World Series, than opts out of his contract and tells New York to go screw themselves. :-]
A-Rod has the talent to do this all year, and now he has the motivation... a new contract ;-D Seriously though, I think Rodriguez is going to have another MVP year... in fact I would recommend trading any player (outside of Pujols) for him right now.

Which reminds me...where are all of those people that told me that Rodriguez shouldn't be ranked #2 overall in fantasy baseball?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:58 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:

Way to go out on a limb there.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:20 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:

Way to go out on a limb there.
Well... earlier in the year many people were saying A-Rod wasn't a top 5 player, while others were saying he was still the number two guy... just wanted to reiterate where he belongs in the rankings
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby silverZ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:23 pm

I don't know abouit breaking 72. I think he'll hit around 60. I mean he already has twelve...TWELVE!
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby jbones733 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 pm

why not he has 12 homers & 30 ribbies already, on fire, i dont see why he can't break Bonds record, he has the talent
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dipset » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:50 pm

If he was on roids than like bonds than he can break it. But naturally he will probably hit around 60
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:12 pm

I don't think he will get there. 12 Hr's thus far is a terrific start, but there will be ebbs and flows ot his season....he could easily hit 40 from here on out, but I don't think he will get any higher than the 57 he hit.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers