Alec Baldwins Tirade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Alec Baldwins Tirade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:52 pm

Alec Baldwin wrote:ME, ME, ME! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:11 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I was listening to this thinking, what's the big deal, then it got to the part where he said something about her being 11 or 12 or whatever, and I was a little surprised. I figured from the way he was talking that the kid was 16 or so. It's probably a little silly to be talking to an 11 year old this way, but I'm not going to fault the guy for it. Really, this is a non-issue.

I don't think you know how conscious 11 and 12 year old are these days. They are a force to be reckoned with.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Now we know why he pulls these scenes off so well in the movies. He's not acting! :)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I was listening to this thinking, what's the big deal, then it got to the part where he said something about her being 11 or 12 or whatever, and I was a little surprised. I figured from the way he was talking that the kid was 16 or so. It's probably a little silly to be talking to an 11 year old this way, but I'm not going to fault the guy for it. Really, this is a non-issue.

Definitely not when compared to the VT shooting, the space center scare and Justin Timberlake wanting to make a cut at a PGA event before 30. Ok, maybe not Justin, but I think Justin is more important than this tape

Coppermine wrote:I don't think you know how conscious 11 and 12 year old are these days. They are a force to be reckoned with.

It's called animal hormone
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koolhalfski » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 pm

waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,my daughter didnt answer the phone.
HEY NOW!
koolhalfski
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joemorgan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:54 pm

Alec Baldwin is a great man!
joemorgan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ThatDude » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:18 am

So I was flipping through the channels, and I briefly caught some haggish-looking woman yapping about "what a horrible father" Baldwin is and then Hannity or Colmes (I honestly don't know which is which, I don't stay on that channel long enough to figure it out), anyway, one of them said that "nobody deserved to be talked to like this regardless of their age" and that it was "inexcusable".

I thought that maybe he actually said something nasty or evil to his kid, but I hadn't heard the clip yet. After having just listened to the clip, I realize I should have known better.

Maybe it was a slow news day.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zepfan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:10 am

It sounded like it was an ongoing thing from the message. I'd figure he probably tried the nice approach at least a couple times before it got to that point.

I consider that pretty much par for the course for a parent who's had it with their kid. Considering he was probably at the end of his rope I think it's pretty impressive he only used the s-word once over the course of his long rant. I call that restraint.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:27 am

ThatDude wrote:So I was flipping through the channels, and I briefly caught some haggish-looking woman yapping about "what a horrible father" Baldwin is and then Hannity or Colmes (I honestly don't know which is which, I don't stay on that channel long enough to figure it out), anyway, one of them said that "nobody deserved to be talked to like this regardless of their age" and that it was "inexcusable".

I thought that maybe he actually said something nasty or evil to his kid, but I hadn't heard the clip yet. After having just listened to the clip, I realize I should have known better.

I can tell you that was Hannity and if this involved anyone who wasn't a "Hollywood Liberal" he would have talking about how this kid is probably out of control.

Give me a break, it's not a slow news day. But the press is obviously all over this and they're so liberal I'm pretty surprised. Or should we get all up in arms that Wolf Blitzer isn't leading with an "Alec Baldwin's a horrible dad" story?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:35 am

Coppermine wrote:
ThatDude wrote:So I was flipping through the channels, and I briefly caught some haggish-looking woman yapping about "what a horrible father" Baldwin is and then Hannity or Colmes (I honestly don't know which is which, I don't stay on that channel long enough to figure it out), anyway, one of them said that "nobody deserved to be talked to like this regardless of their age" and that it was "inexcusable".

I can tell you that was Hannity and if this involved anyone who wasn't a "Hollywood Liberal" he would have talking about how this kid is probably out of control.

Give me a break, it's not a slow news day. But the press is obviously all over this and they're so liberal I'm pretty surprised. Or should we get all up in arms that Wolf Blitzer isn't leading with an "Alec Baldwin's a horrible dad" story?

Actually, I did a google search on the two of them earlier because I was curious, and it was Colmes that I saw saying that.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk