Heard this on WEEI and had to share it, he's friggan crazy! 8-o
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm

I heard this on the local morning news. Are you sure he's not talking to Kim? :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:09 pm

I bet this kid is all screwed up from having a superstar dad, etc, so I would be willing to bet she is kind of a spoiled brat. But this kind of tirade is just ridiculous. Maybe Alec should reflect on his parenting skills if he's so upset with how she turned out.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:11 pm

he didnt really seem THAT mad to me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Well, there a lot of posters here who I think believe that more parents should be this stern with their kids. To me, this sounds like an angry parent fed up with a difficult kid.

The article says that a judge has barred him from having contact with her? Give me a break, this is nothing compared to deadbeat parents who barely communicate with their children. And on top of that, the kid goes to the press with a private phone message. If this were any other father, a judge and everyone else would tell the kid to "shut up and listen to your father."
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wake » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:00 pm

As bad as this is, I think what Kim Basinger did was even worse. She leaked this tape to the media just to use against Baldwin, ignoring the effects it might have on her daughter to hear herself repeatedly insulted through the national media.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:07 pm

I saw a sympathetic blurb somewhere that referred to him ranting about 'again' and that this type of situation can be very frustrating for dads in his shoes as, depending on the breaks of the court case, they end up begging for these sort of 'negotiated' calls that end up being dissatisfying and then the kid is aloof or whatever and it perhaps sets them off too.

I don't think that that's a very good example to set by any means but I suspect that after all of the public shenanigans they've been through, there's probably quite a bit that was said in correspondance between the attorneys and in the judges' chambers that we can only guess at that may have helped create the monster a bit too.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:16 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I saw a sympathetic blurb somewhere that referred to him ranting about 'again' and that this type of situation can be very frustrating for dads in his shoes as, depending on the breaks of the court case, they end up begging for these sort of 'negotiated' calls that end up being dissatisfying and then the kid is aloof or whatever and it perhaps sets them off too.

I don't think that that's a very good example to set by any means but I suspect that after all of the public shenanigans they've been through, there's probably quite a bit that was said in correspondance between the attorneys and in the judges' chambers that we can only guess at that may have helped create the monster a bit too.

The kid has two extremely wealthy, celebrity parents who went through a divorce; yeah, she's screwed up. I don't know what people expect.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:31 pm

Why was this released to the public? Seems like Kim is using her child as a pawn against Alec.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:45 pm

I was listening to this thinking, what's the big deal, then it got to the part where he said something about her being 11 or 12 or whatever, and I was a little surprised. I figured from the way he was talking that the kid was 16 or so. It's probably a little silly to be talking to an 11 year old this way, but I'm not going to fault the guy for it. Really, this is a non-issue.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk