Firing of US Attorneys - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Firing of US Attorneys

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Firing of US Attorneys

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 am

So, do you think Gonzalez will resign? Should he?

Is there a possible reason these attorneys were fired other than they possibly weren't loyal enough?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Firing of US Attorneys

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:So, do you think Gonzalez will resign? Should he?

Is there a possible reason these attorneys were fired other than they possibly weren't loyal enough?

If I don't do what my employer wants me to do, I'll get fired. Why should they be any different?

Is there anyone who thinks this isn't just another political witch hunt, designed to cast yet more aspersions on the White House?

I personally can't wait until Bush is gone so the partisan politics end and everyone on Capitol Hill can get back to getting along. ;-7
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Firing of US Attorneys

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:So, do you think Gonzalez will resign? Should he?

If I don't do what my employer wants me to do, I'll get fired. Why should they be any different?

Is there anyone who thinks this isn't just another political witch hunt, designed to cast yet more aspersions on the White House?

I personally can't wait until Bush is gone so the partisan politics end and everyone on Capitol Hill can get back to getting along. ;-7

I think it's political on both ends; the firings were conducted inappropriately and without precedent and the political circus that has ensued is a waste of time and taxpayer money.

You're right about one thing, the republicans and the democrats need to STFU for once and start working together to do something. Yeah, ;-7 is right.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I have to admit, I've pretty much ignored this because it didn't really seem like a big deal.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Nberan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 pm

The partisanship won't stop once Bush leaves. All that will change is who is complaining about who. The republicans and demacrats will fight over every little thing still.
Nberan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:35 pm

Nberan wrote:The partisanship won't stop once Bush leaves. All that will change is who is complaining about who. The republicans and demacrats will fight over every little thing still.

The one good thing about having a democratic congress is that at least they're disagreeing and debating things; instead of just blindly passing bills without opposition. Some cooperation would be nice though. Of course that's a silly notion in politics.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:52 pm

I don't care whether or not he resigns. If I was him I would not. I think of all the important issues facing the U.S. right now this is a giant waste of time. It's nothing but a witch hunt and a power play by the Democrats and I am fully aware that if the situation were reversed the Republicans would be doing the same. These appointment have always been political and incoming Presidents, Democrats and Republicans alike, have always cleaned house and selected their own. The only thing unprecedented about this is the timing.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't care whether or not he resigns. If I was him I would not. I think of all the important issues facing the U.S. right now this is a giant waste of time. It's nothing but a witch hunt and a power play by the Democrats and I am fully aware that if the situation were reversed the Republicans would be doing the same. These appointment have always been political and incoming Presidents, Democrats and Republicans alike, have always cleaned house and selected their own. The only thing unprecedented about this is the timing.

I agree with this for the most part. But I would also add that Gonzalez seems like a lying weasel, and I hope he does resign. Some of the contradictory testimony he's given is unexcusable. If the administration would have just said "We know it was unprecedented, but it wasn't illegal so went ahead with our plan," I wouldn't care, but when they start lying to try to cover their asses when their asses aren't really on the line anyway, it grinds my gears...similar to the Clinton situation. I could not have cared less who he was boinking or when or where, but he lost me when he started lying about it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Am I the only one around here who doesn't keep up with current events? I mean, who is Gonzalez? !+) :*)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Hehe. You can't turn on the news without hearing about him... :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk