Victorino is running - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Victorino is running

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 07, 2007 1:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:What's the point in even saying wrong forum if you're just going to answer the question anyway? It happened twice in like 5 posts, so it's not like the 2nd guy didn't see the 1st. :-?

just so they know its not appropriate that they continue to do it, but im not trying to be rude and if im going to take the time to point out its the wrong forum, i might as well help them out.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EP3 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:16 am

haha sneaky is right... but hey as long as he gets on, steals, and gets me runs, then thats all i need from him :)
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shmolex » Mon May 07, 2007 2:31 am

canadastar wrote:Haha don't hate on Vic, he was just getting away with some sneaky play there...there are calls that go either way throughout games, most notably balls and strikes. A good runner will find a way to get to his target.

Would you also defend A-rod's slap too then? There's a difference between being a good runner and being bush league.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EP3 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:54 am

shmolex wrote:
canadastar wrote:Haha don't hate on Vic, he was just getting away with some sneaky play there...there are calls that go either way throughout games, most notably balls and strikes. A good runner will find a way to get to his target.

Would you also defend A-rod's slap too then? There's a difference between being a good runner and being bush league.

haha not sure if i'd defend that, but it was pretty funny.
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Mon May 07, 2007 11:17 am

shmolex wrote:
River Rat wrote:What did this douchebagger do? I was not watching the game.

He gets picked off first and is caught in a rundown. As they are chasing him back and forth, he veers way into the infield grass and intentionally crashes into Visquel and the umps call it interference and he gets 2nd base. Then he spends like 5 minutes on 2nd trying to explain to the 11 time gold glover how what he did was legal and after he eventually scores, he has the douchebaggiest smirk on his face.

:-t :-t

I would drop him if I didn't have him in my money league.

You'd cut a dude who is 2nd in the majors in steals because he was smart enough to take advange of a rule and score a run for his team? And, he's got a cocky attitude?

Weird.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby ukjohn » Mon May 07, 2007 1:17 pm

shmolex wrote:
River Rat wrote:What did this douchebagger do? I was not watching the game.

He gets picked off first and is caught in a rundown. As they are chasing him back and forth, he veers way into the infield grass and intentionally crashes into Visquel and the umps call it interference and he gets 2nd base. Then he spends like 5 minutes on 2nd trying to explain to the 11 time gold glover how what he did was legal and after he eventually scores, he has the douchebaggiest smirk on his face.

:-t :-t

I would drop him if I didn't have him in my money league.

sound like a Giants fan...get over it
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cobbs87 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:49 pm

So I just sent Victorino packing for Konerko and Chris Duncan. I'm feeling good about this trade as a buy low sell high. I don't think there is anyway Victorino keeps up this pace.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby George_Foreman » Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 pm

I dunno. Might work out for you. But there's no reason to think Victorino won't steal 40-60 this year. With a .300 BA, 100R, 75 RBI, 5-10 HRs, that's a pretty valuable guy.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sixer03fan » Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm

[quote="George_Foreman"]I dunno. Might work out for you. But there's no reason to think Victorino won't steal 40-60 this year. With a .300 BA, 100R, 75 RBI, 5-10 HRs, that's a pretty valuable guy.[/quote]

a little more power and you just described carl crawford, a consenus top 2 round pick.
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm

cobbs87 wrote:So I just sent Victorino packing for Konerko and Chris Duncan. I'm feeling good about this trade as a buy low sell high. I don't think there is anyway Victorino keeps up this pace.

Lucky you. I think that's a great deal for you. In fact, it's inspired me to see just how high I can sell Victorino (I've got plenty of speed already).
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers