Victorino is running - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Victorino is running

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Victorino is running

Postby deutschland » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:16 pm

The hype about Victorino running more this year is looking to be real. He stole his 4th base today and seems to be entrenched in that #2 spot in the Phillies order. Just an FYI for teams looking for some speed. He might still be available in a lot of leagues.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:29 pm

yeah i just saw he has a sb today.... i was going to pick him up for my bench but went with kelly johnson, now i'm thinking of dropping him for victorino
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:30 pm

rentz wrote:yeah i just saw he has a sb today.... i was going to pick him up for my bench but went with kelly johnson, now i'm thinking of dropping him for victorino
That'd be silly. Both are going to be productive players this year. If you're in a standard Yahoo! league, there's likely room on your roster for both, especially with KJ's 2B eligibility. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rentz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:35 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
rentz wrote:yeah i just saw he has a sb today.... i was going to pick him up for my bench but went with kelly johnson, now i'm thinking of dropping him for victorino
That'd be silly. Both are going to be productive players this year. If you're in a standard Yahoo! league, there's likely room on your roster for both, especially with KJ's 2B eligibility. ;-D

Yah, i may try and find a way to have both... its a deep 17team 6x5 (ops counts), in leagues this deep sb's are hard to come by

I worry about the phillie's though, since they havent been doing much
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:39 pm

rentz wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:

Yah, i may try and find a way to have both... its a deep 17team 6x5 (ops counts), in leagues this deep sb's are hard to come by

You're thinking of dropping Kelly Johnson in a 17-team OPS league? 8-o I was suggesting keeping him under the assumption that it was a 12-team league that didn't count his really good walk rate. :-) Seriously, they should both be valuable, although Victorino's likely won't have an OPS over .800.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Melo255 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:56 pm

He already has 10 walks this season in 45 at bats as opposed to 24 walks in 415 at bats last season.

If he hits .280 - .305, like I think he will, and can continue to draw walks at a good pace he can be very valuable for runs, stolen bases and average. Of course that's assuming that Utley and Howard drive in ANYTHING for the rest of the season.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehotcorner » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
rentz wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:

You're thinking of dropping Kelly Johnson in a 17-team OPS league? 8-o I was suggesting keeping him under the assumption that it was a 12-team league that didn't count his really good walk rate. :-) Seriously, they should both be valuable, although Victorino's likely won't have an OPS over .800.

agreed. keep kelly johnson over victorino since its an OPS league, that along with his 2b eligibility will make him the more valuable player.

both will have value to you, but if you can only have one, go johnson. unless you really need the SB.

oh and i hope victorino keeps it up, he doesnt really have a good SB %. i decided to stick with him over duffy as my SB sleeper.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:28 pm

victorino is batting leadoff tonight, and already has a sb
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby duckbillgates » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Hmm, Victorino is batting LEADOFF tonight. Already added his fifth stolen base and a run.

It's time for everyone to pay attention now. That Phillies lineup is too good to not put it together at some point, and the Flyin' Hawaiian looks like he's going to be right in the middle of it.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Oh yeah! If he bats lead off...damn we could see 120 runs. He could be a mini Sizemore. With Rollins, Utley, Howard, and Rowand STACKED behind him. Boy oh boy...
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers