Listen to this trade for Brandon Wood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Listen to this trade for Brandon Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Listen to this trade for Brandon Wood

Postby roamwood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am

Yesterday afternoon one of the guys in my keeper league (10 teams, 12 keepers no salaries) decides he is tired of having Brandon Wood sit on his bench (H2H league, so minor leaguers can put a dent in your week to week totals). I have a pitching surplus of solid but mediocre pitchers. He says he wants to deal...We end up making a deal.

I give Randy Wolf and my 13th round pick next year (equivalent to a 25th round pick)

He gives Brandon Wood and his 15th round pick next year (equivalent to a 27th round pick)

Then it turns out that Kendrick is going on the DL and that Wood is likely to be called up...this could work out playing beautifully.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:58 pm

This is a good deal for you. Randy Wolf really isn't very good anymore, so you shouldn't be concerned with giving him up. Still, while Wood has a good opportunity to be called up, I wouldn't expect much from him for the next year or two besides a lot of K's. He's going to be good with time, but since you only keep 12 players he probably won't be kept.

You should still do the deal, just incase Wood does come in and do well - but just realize the chances of that are slim. Your basically trading mediocrity for potential in this deal. You might as well take a shot, you don't really have anything to lose.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby roamwood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:53 pm

There is actually a good chance that I keep Wood if he shows true power this year. I like to keep 1-2 high risk/reward guys on my team because I figure I can always fill in those last two keeper spots early in the draft, and you never know when you will catch lightning in a bottle.

I definitely dont care about losing Randy Wolf. My team isnt good enough to win the league this year, so I am purely playing for draft position next year and for improving my keepers.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby soty » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:35 pm

I would jump on that deal ASAP. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball