Brandon Wood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Brandon Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Wood

Postby Patella Tendon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 am

Now that Howie is out 6-8 weeks what are the odds the Angels call up this monster?

Is he an immediate add?
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Millhouse » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:06 am

also wondering if he's the smart pickup here. he hasn't exactly been tearing up AAA (.229, 3 HR, 4/12 BB to K ratio).
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby converge241 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:14 am

According to the Los Angeles Times, Howie Kendrick (finger) "is expected to be out at least a month to six weeks."

The newspaper also reports that Brandon Wood is the most likely candidate to replace Kendrick on the roster. Calling up Wood, who's hitting .293 with three homers and 11 RBI at Triple-A, would allow the Angels to use Maicer Izturis at second base along with Erick Aybar.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Millhouse » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:28 am

converge241 wrote:According to the Los Angeles Times, Howie Kendrick (finger) "is expected to be out at least a month to six weeks."

The newspaper also reports that Brandon Wood is the most likely candidate to replace Kendrick on the roster. Calling up Wood, who's hitting .293 with three homers and 11 RBI at Triple-A, would allow the Angels to use Maicer Izturis at second base along with Erick Aybar.
s.

weird. rotoworld has him hitting .229 in 35 AB's so far. big discrepancy there.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:34 am

DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:39 am

He is going to be a K machine.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:59 am

Yeah I agree with Yoda. I've always been a little low on Wood. I think it will take him a couple years in the Bigs to be anything more than a hack at the plate. Sure alot of people will love his occasional long ball but it will be hard for LAA to keep him in the lineup when he's struggling to hit over .230. If you think Gordon looks overmatched right now just wait til Wood makes it up..... :-o

Of course thats just my opinion. :-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 am

J35J wrote:Yeah I agree with Yoda. I've always been a little low on Wood. I think it will take him a couple years in the Bigs to be anything more than a hack at the plate. Sure alot of people will love his occasional long ball but it will be hard for LAA to keep him in the lineup when he's struggling to hit over .230. If you think Gordon looks overmatched right now just wait til Wood makes it up..... :-o

Of course thats just my opinion. :-D

I don't like LAA prospects. Their entire system is in hitter friendly environment so their hitting prospects always put up eye popping numbers.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ed4252 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 am

Millhouse wrote:
converge241 wrote:According to the Los Angeles Times, Howie Kendrick (finger) "is expected to be out at least a month to six weeks."

s.

weird. rotoworld has him hitting .229 in 35 AB's so far. big discrepancy there.

rotoworld's stats weren't updated. He's been on a tear the last 4 games
Ed4252
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d18Mike » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:39 pm

What are your thoughts on equivalents?? How about Troy Glaus?
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball