Soriano may return this Friday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Soriano may return this Friday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano may return this Friday

Postby Don G. » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 am

Alfonso Soriano (hamstring) took batting practice prior to Tuesday's game and said he might return to the lineup on Friday.

Soriano, who also jogged in the outfield on Tuesday, says his hamstring feels like it did in 2005 when he missed less than a week.

here's hoping
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BUCCOFAN » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:54 am

Hope so.... ;-D
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby yossarian » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:37 pm

Ugh, just don't bring him back too early. I'd rather have him set out thru the weekend or whatever and totally heal up than have him be gimpy the entire rest of the season.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Heard Pinella in an interview on Espn radio in Chicago earlier today. He said Soriano was running at 75% before the game yesterday and he hopes to have him back on Monday.
When asked if Pie would stick around, he said that he's the best defensive outfielder they have, and that's something they need, so there's a good chance he could stick around.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:45 pm

And the announcer for the Cubs game just said the Cubs hope to have Soriano back on Monday or Tuesday.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lowelltr » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:20 am

I hope he doesn't come back until he's ready, or until the weather warms up, whichever comes first!
I drafted him with my first pick in two leagues....and he's killing me. Wish he'd get straight - I had doubts aobut drafting him because of the new contract (always better to look for players in an option or a contract year)....but decided he might have something to prove, so went ahead with him.......
lowelltr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Don G. » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:23 am

I still think he'll be ok. I would be happier if he was playing left field. I'm not concerned with how he's played thus far....it's been really cold. I hope the Cubs are smart and stick with Pie in center and move Soriano to left. That should take the load off playing center field.

I doubt they'll bring him back today. I don't want him to get rushed. Hamstrings are a pain to get back from. Better to be certain its ok.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:26 am

From Cubs.com

Code: Select all
Cubs fans should not get their hopes up for a miracle appearance by center fielder Alfonso Soriano in the upcoming weekend series with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Manager Lou Piniella put any possibility of that to rest.

"He ran today, and he was about 75 percent," said Piniella. "Mark O'Neal, our trainer, feels that by Monday or Tuesday, he'll be ready to play. He'll run again on Saturday in Chicago, in cooler weather, see how he feels, maybe even a little bit on Sunday and then be ready to play by Monday or Tuesday. That's the scenario we have for Soriano."

It'll be in the mid 60's on Monday and Tuesday, so hopefully he's back to 100% before they throw him back in the lineup.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Don G. » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:03 pm

I read this in an article on ESPN. This would be great for Soriano owners like myself.

Soriano said he'd gladly switch from center field -- a position he just moved to this season after playing left field a year ago with the Nationals -- to accommodate Pie if he stays.

"Why not? It's up to Lou," Soriano said. "Whatever he wants me to do. If he wants me to move to one corner, I will do it. Whatever is best for the team."
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:26 pm

well, dangit, Soriano. I don't need you at 2nd now, I've got Kinsler.

Moving to left or right does nothing for the vast majority of us.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates