Not Logos.... But... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Not Logos.... But...

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:53 pm

Just for the record for those folks that might be interested...you can set up a webhosting account at Tripod. Doesn't matter if it's for a homepage or whatever. Once you have that set up, just delete all the files they might already have there for you, like the index.html and such. Then you upload your banner or pics or whatever. Then you just rename the pics' file extension to .txt. It works...and it's really that easy!
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby M_Zimm » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:05 pm

Pedantic wrote:Just for the record for those folks that might be interested...you can set up a webhosting account at Tripod. Doesn't matter if it's for a homepage or whatever. Once you have that set up, just delete all the files they might already have there for you, like the index.html and such. Then you upload your banner or pics or whatever. Then you just rename the pics' file extension to .txt. It works...and it's really that easy!

I still can't get it. I can't find how to upload my images.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby Pedantic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:19 pm

If you go to Build and Edit > File Manager, there is a drop-down menu next to the New Directory button that says Upload via. Select single files from that menu. Once you have the upload page up, there are 8 boxes that you can specify files to upload in. Click Browse to find the file, and I recommend renaming it in the Rename box so you don't have to do it later. For example, you should rename "yourpic.jpg" to "yourpic.txt". Tripod then lets you remote link to the image. Remember that is it still an image, just named differently, so, for instance, on message boards, you still use [ img ]yourpic.txt[ /img ].
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby M_Zimm » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:19 am

Pedantic wrote:If you go to Build and Edit > File Manager, there is a drop-down menu next to the New Directory button that says Upload via. Select single files from that menu. Once you have the upload page up, there are 8 boxes that you can specify files to upload in. Click Browse to find the file, and I recommend renaming it in the Rename box so you don't have to do it later. For example, you should rename "yourpic.jpg" to "yourpic.txt". Tripod then lets you remote link to the image. Remember that is it still an image, just named differently, so, for instance, on message boards, you still use [ img ]yourpic.txt[ /img ].

OK, thanks you. I found out that actually angelfire and Tripod are on the same network sort of thing. I have the same name for both of them but I can have two different sites. It is kind of useful for a backup in case what happened happens again.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby Pedantic » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:20 am

Lol...seems like websites are eating each other up at unprecedented rates. Just the other day, I was going to CDNow to look up something, and I found myself at Amazon. ;-)
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby M_Zimm » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:21 am

Pedantic wrote:Lol...seems like websites are eating each other up at unprecedented rates. Just the other day, I was going to CDNow to look up something, and I found myself at Amazon. ;-)

I know, Amazon is a stinkin large site. It has like 5 major stores in it plus a bunch of smaller ones. You go to Target, Babbages, ToysRUs or a couple other bigger stores' sites and you are brought to Amazon. It is a monopoly!!!LOL
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby j7 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:37 am

yuck, monopolies :-t

try http://www.alldirect.com/ , no photos but theres a huge selection and very cheap prices
j7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 6 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact