Not Logos.... But... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Not Logos.... But...

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:53 pm

Just for the record for those folks that might be interested...you can set up a webhosting account at Tripod. Doesn't matter if it's for a homepage or whatever. Once you have that set up, just delete all the files they might already have there for you, like the index.html and such. Then you upload your banner or pics or whatever. Then you just rename the pics' file extension to .txt. It works...and it's really that easy!
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:05 pm

Pedantic wrote:Just for the record for those folks that might be interested...you can set up a webhosting account at Tripod. Doesn't matter if it's for a homepage or whatever. Once you have that set up, just delete all the files they might already have there for you, like the index.html and such. Then you upload your banner or pics or whatever. Then you just rename the pics' file extension to .txt. It works...and it's really that easy!

I still can't get it. I can't find how to upload my images.
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Pedantic » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:19 pm

If you go to Build and Edit > File Manager, there is a drop-down menu next to the New Directory button that says Upload via. Select single files from that menu. Once you have the upload page up, there are 8 boxes that you can specify files to upload in. Click Browse to find the file, and I recommend renaming it in the Rename box so you don't have to do it later. For example, you should rename "yourpic.jpg" to "yourpic.txt". Tripod then lets you remote link to the image. Remember that is it still an image, just named differently, so, for instance, on message boards, you still use [ img ]yourpic.txt[ /img ].
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:19 am

Pedantic wrote:If you go to Build and Edit > File Manager, there is a drop-down menu next to the New Directory button that says Upload via. Select single files from that menu. Once you have the upload page up, there are 8 boxes that you can specify files to upload in. Click Browse to find the file, and I recommend renaming it in the Rename box so you don't have to do it later. For example, you should rename "yourpic.jpg" to "yourpic.txt". Tripod then lets you remote link to the image. Remember that is it still an image, just named differently, so, for instance, on message boards, you still use [ img ]yourpic.txt[ /img ].

OK, thanks you. I found out that actually angelfire and Tripod are on the same network sort of thing. I have the same name for both of them but I can have two different sites. It is kind of useful for a backup in case what happened happens again.
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Pedantic » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:20 am

Lol...seems like websites are eating each other up at unprecedented rates. Just the other day, I was going to CDNow to look up something, and I found myself at Amazon. ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:21 am

Pedantic wrote:Lol...seems like websites are eating each other up at unprecedented rates. Just the other day, I was going to CDNow to look up something, and I found myself at Amazon. ;-)

I know, Amazon is a stinkin large site. It has like 5 major stores in it plus a bunch of smaller ones. You go to Target, Babbages, ToysRUs or a couple other bigger stores' sites and you are brought to Amazon. It is a monopoly!!!LOL
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby j7 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:37 am

yuck, monopolies :-t

try http://www.alldirect.com/ , no photos but theres a huge selection and very cheap prices
j7
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests