Howie Kendrick = next victim - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Howie Kendrick = next victim

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:40 pm

chris_dubyuh wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:well, Maicer Izturis isn't exactly lighting it up or anything, so if Wood contributes, they could easily bench him for Figgins I would imagine.


Exactly, he's used mostly as a reserve infielder anyway.

They will not move Cabrera for Wood under any circumstances. Wood will play 3B.

Izturis will probably see the most time at 2B, with Aybar getting some starts maybe here and there. When both Figgins and Kendrick return, unless Wood is playing phenomenally I can see him getting sent back down.


So if Figgins returns before Kendrick (which he almost certainly will), will they send Wood down then? I don't see them moving Wood over to 2B.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby soty » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:32 pm

thedude wrote:Any word when/if Wood has actually been called up yet?
I dont know, but I am keeping a close eye on the situation.
Image
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Posts: 2668
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
chris_dubyuh wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:well, Maicer Izturis isn't exactly lighting it up or anything, so if Wood contributes, they could easily bench him for Figgins I would imagine.


Exactly, he's used mostly as a reserve infielder anyway.

They will not move Cabrera for Wood under any circumstances. Wood will play 3B.

Izturis will probably see the most time at 2B, with Aybar getting some starts maybe here and there. When both Figgins and Kendrick return, unless Wood is playing phenomenally I can see him getting sent back down.


So if Figgins returns before Kendrick (which he almost certainly will), will they send Wood down then? I don't see them moving Wood over to 2B.


They could move Figgins over to second.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 pm

thedude wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
chris_dubyuh wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:well, Maicer Izturis isn't exactly lighting it up or anything, so if Wood contributes, they could easily bench him for Figgins I would imagine.


Exactly, he's used mostly as a reserve infielder anyway.

They will not move Cabrera for Wood under any circumstances. Wood will play 3B.

Izturis will probably see the most time at 2B, with Aybar getting some starts maybe here and there. When both Figgins and Kendrick return, unless Wood is playing phenomenally I can see him getting sent back down.



So if Figgins returns before Kendrick (which he almost certainly will), will they send Wood down then? I don't see them moving Wood over to 2B.


They could move Figgins over to second.


Which would be very nice for Figgins' value, eligible at 3B, 2B and OF
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby bloul11 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Well Figgins played most of his time in the outfield last year and none of their OF guys are exactly on fire. Mattews Jr. and Anderson both hitting low 200's and Vlad is unknown on his condition. Why not put Figgins in OF? Just a thought :-?
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 385
Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas

Postby Coppermine » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:42 pm

bloul11 wrote:Well Figgins played most of his time in the outfield last year and none of their OF guys are exactly on fire. Mattews Jr. and Anderson both hitting low 200's and Vlad is unknown on his condition. Why not put Figgins in OF? Just a thought :-?


They paid too much for Matthews in the off season to bench him, but Anderson's a platoon possibility. He's probably on a big contract though too. It's possible; I think if Figgins can play 2B, he will but not many guys can make that kind of switch.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Coppermine wrote:
bloul11 wrote:Well Figgins played most of his time in the outfield last year and none of their OF guys are exactly on fire. Mattews Jr. and Anderson both hitting low 200's and Vlad is unknown on his condition. Why not put Figgins in OF? Just a thought :-?


They paid too much for Matthews in the off season to bench him, but Anderson's a platoon possibility. He's probably on a big contract though too. It's possible; I think if Figgins can play 2B, he will but not many guys can make that kind of switch.


Well Figgins can't really play third either, so pick your poison.

Wood is supposedly a good thirdbaseman. So Wood @ 3rd and Figgins at second is probably the best defesive arragement the Halos can manage without a Mario Mendoza type in the lineup.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby OREO fan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I was just checking on the Angels site, and I see Kendry Morales on the 25 man roster. Also when searching for Morales on MiLB site, he is no longer listed with Salt Lake.

Does this mean that Morales, not Wood, was recalled?
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 267
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ed4252 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:02 pm

OREO fan wrote:I was just checking on the Angels site, and I see Kendry Morales on the 25 man roster. Also when searching for Morales on MiLB site, he is no longer listed with Salt Lake.

Does this mean that Morales, not Wood, was recalled?


If this is the case, does this mean Morales will DH and Hillenbrand will play 3B?
Ed4252
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 662
Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:18 pm

Wood isn't getting called up :,-(
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact