Coaching T-ball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Coaching T-ball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Coaching T-ball

Postby frank400 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 pm

here's a great website that's got a lot of info on youth baseball coaching tips, http://www.teachyourkidbaseball.com. There are sections working with a variety of different kinds of kids (the klutz, the natural athlete, the lefty, etc) and tips on training the batter, pitchers, and fielders. I've found some really helpful tips and ideas in here that I've been able to take back to my team that I coach. Good Luck! ;-D
frank400
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:40 am

Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:00 am

frank400 wrote:here's a great website that's got a lot of info on youth baseball coaching tips, http://www.teachyourkidbaseball.com. There are sections working with a variety of different kinds of kids (the klutz, the natural athlete, the lefty, etc) and tips on training the batter, pitchers, and fielders. I've found some really helpful tips and ideas in here that I've been able to take back to my team that I coach. Good Luck! ;-D

that might have been helpful, say 11 months ago :-D :-b

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:38 pm

1. Bunting. You can never be too good at bunting.

2. Teach them not to clog the bases. Have a big scary dog chase them if they get on base.

3. Give them a hunger for winning. Nowadays getting a "certificate of participation" is the MOST retarded thing you can do to a kid. So instead, when they win give them ice cream, and when they lose give them brussell sprouts and raw fish.

Snakes Gould wrote:that might have been helpful, say 11 months ago :-D :-b

:-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:30 pm

frank400 wrote:here's a great website that's got a lot of info on youth baseball coaching tips, http://www.teachyourkidbaseball.com. There are sections working with a variety of different kinds of kids (the klutz, the natural athlete, the lefty, etc) and tips on training the batter, pitchers, and fielders. I've found some really helpful tips and ideas in here that I've been able to take back to my team that I coach. Good Luck! ;-D

Personally, I did not find that site helpful at all. It's basically a lot of common sense. :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:42 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Personally, I did not find that site helpful at all. It's basically a lot of common sense. :-?

You'd be surprised.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:50 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

You'd be surprised.

Yeah, that's probably true. I coached my kid's team last year and am going to this year and remembering that and reading that article, I didn't find anything helpful at all.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk