Felix Pie(Pee-ay) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Felix Pie(Pee-ay)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cookman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Dmville wrote:Can we see more than 1 game before we crown him King CF and start moving people?

Part of the reason Soriano came to the Cubs was becuase they somewhat promised him they wouldn't move him around during the season. Obviously, nothing is concrete, but I hardly think a couple good games from Pie will send the gameplan down the drain.

Now if Pie plays well, Soriano has continuing hammy probelms, Murton/Floyd don't work out and their record is 10-20 in a few weeks, then we'll see.

Disagree completely. This isn't Auggie Ojeda or something. We've seen more than one game from him, and he's shown he's completely for real. He becomes, immediately, the best defensive outfielder on the team, their only true lead-off hitter, and their fastest player. Besides, Soriano would be much better in RF than in CF and Lou knows this (side note, he just scored the game-tying run). Moving Jones to LF wouldn't be that big of a deal as he's a pretty versatile outfielder and has played LF for the Twins. And if he does throw in a few productive games, Piniella made it completely clear at his press conference the other day that the guys who produce will play. I would probably temper fantasy expectations for him this year, as I do think that they'll still try to get Floyd and Murton consistent reps, so he could sit a few times a week. But he makes this team better, and I don't think Piniella will ignore that.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwhatti » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:30 pm

From what the Chicago radio stations are saying, the Cubs have a deal with Soriano that he cannot be moved from Centerfield unless he wants too. Not sure how true this is, just what I've heard because callers always say that Pie should stay in center and move Soriano to one of the corners.

Help Please:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=274065
jwhatti
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sammy31wetzel » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:28 pm

uuhhhhh dude what are you talkin about??? soriano said "i am ok with playing any outfield spit, they're all the same to me. i will go wherever lou wants me" yeah.
sammy31wetzel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Rounders » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:58 am

I was listening to Pinella's interview on ESPN radio in Chicago. When asked if Pie could stick around, he was very reluctant to answer at first. He was saying that it depends on how the lineup shakes up when Soriano returns. Then he went on to say that he is their best defensive outfield option, so there's a good chance he could stay around.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RASportsnut » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:53 pm

I'm caustiously watching this development. Pinella could simply use Pie late in games for defensive reasons for awhile after Soriano returns, but who knows?
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nolanwood » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Soriano will move to LF when he returns....
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:55 pm

My guess is that if he stays up, he plays. If he's not going to start, they'll probably send him back down. Pinella has said that he wants him playing every day, so I don't think they'll keep him up just to use him late in games.
If yesterday is any indication (Jacque starting in center and Pie on the bench), it doesn't look good for him staying on the big league club. Pinella has said that he loves his defense, but he has to prove that he can hit in the majors, and right now (half way through the game today) he's hitting .125.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:02 pm

Code: Select all
News: According to MLB.com, when Alfonso Soriano (hamstring) returns to the team's lineup Monday against the Brewers, he will no longer be in center field. "We're going to put him in left field," manager Lou Piniella said. "He's got that strain, and it'll be less running and much better for him." Soriano ran in the outfield and around the bases for the second straight day Saturday. "Actually, he wants to play," Piniella said of Soriano. "We're going to wait until Monday. Get a little more treatment, get a little stronger, and by Monday night, he'll be ready to go."

It'll be either Jacque or Pie in center then.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates