Aaron Rowand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aaron Rowand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aaron Rowand

Postby langhamlobos » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:57 pm

Do you think rowand will continue to be a solid hitter or is he just on a hot streak
langhamlobos Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jugemc » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm

i also would like to know how aaron rowand is expected to do. Will the drop off from Willingham to rowand be too much to add Reyes as my third closer?
Jugemc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:02 pm

well in the first two months of last season Rowand had 23 runs 7 HR 19 rbi 4 sb and a 306BA

But don't forget he did go down with an injury last season that totally got him out of his rhythm. An injury he was battling the rest of the season.

So yes I do believe he is for real, he has proven he can hit (the big year he had with the whitesox) I think if he can stay healthy you can expect a solid 3rd outfield option. Maybe better.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SendHelp » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:55 pm

no chance for this guy to get 20/20 IMO. but he's a safe bet to hit for average thru May if you need help
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 am

SendHelp wrote:no chance for this guy to get 20/20 IMO. but he's a safe bet to hit for average thru May if you need help

How do you figure? He's a lock for right around 15/15 if he can get 500 AB's. hes hit 12+ hrs and gotten 10+ sbs for 3 years straight. I don't see why he can't add a little more power ( he plays in one of the best hitters ballparks in the league ) He's always had decent speed. If he can get 500 Ab's I think he has a really good chance to go 20-20 ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby State Store » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:11 pm

His problem seems to be discipline. He doesn't always get great swings.

I see him at .270/.275, 15-18 HR, 70 RBI. I like his steals going up if Lopes stays on at first base coach (instead of say - replacing Charlie Manuel or becoming a bench coach when Jimy Williams replaces Manuel). He's trying to get the speed guys on the Phils to run smarter. Maybe 20 SBs if he gets on base enough.

Just a hunch.
State Store
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:17 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
SendHelp wrote:no chance for this guy to get 20/20 IMO. but he's a safe bet to hit for average thru May if you need help

How do you figure? He's a lock for right around 15/15 if he can get 500 AB's. hes hit 12+ hrs and gotten 10+ sbs for 3 years straight. I don't see why he can't add a little more power ( he plays in one of the best hitters ballparks in the league ) He's always had decent speed. If he can get 500 Ab's I think he has a really good chance to go 20-20 ;-D

I don't have an opinion here on Rowand but he's really not in a much better park for home runs than he was in Chicago...they're both launch pads.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Treebeard's Nuts » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:02 pm

State Store wrote:His problem seems to be discipline. He doesn't always get great swings.

I see him at .270/.275, 15-18 HR, 70 RBI. I like his steals going up if Lopes stays on at first base coach (instead of say - replacing Charlie Manuel or becoming a bench coach when Jimy Williams replaces Manuel). He's trying to get the speed guys on the Phils to run smarter. Maybe 20 SBs if he gets on base enough.

Just a hunch.

I agree with this....Rowand is an average at best hitter. He can fill a void in your line up, but I wouldn't count on him. Consider him a pleasant surprise when he plays well and expect him to be average at best.

--- Just because you run into a wall you aren't a hero. Ask Pelle Lindbergh.
Treebeard's Nuts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates