Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adam Loewen - the sleeper thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam Loewen - the sleeper thread

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Ok i know an adam loewen thread got locked yesterday because it basically turned into a game cheering thread by one guy. But now i really want to talk about the pitcher that is known as adam loewen. A lot of people are going to be turned off by his start yesterday but i really dont think it was as bad as it looks on paper. He really got hurt by the defense that included 3 errors on one play (this ultimately led to the first run scored). Now in my opinion errors seriously throw off the rthym of the pitcher. When hes expecting an out the pitcher all of the sudden has to go out and work longer and harder than expected. I'm not blaming all of yesterday on errors but i still think it threw a young pitcher like loewen off. He definately had a problem hitting his spots yesterday and i feel like thats his biggest issue right now. Sometimes i wish he would just trust his stuff and attack every hitter, but instead i see him trying to paint the corners all the time. I personally think that loewen has great stuff just from watching a couple of his games. With all the hype around guys like lincecum, bailey, hughes etc, i think a guy like loewen is perfect in that hes unproven like the rest but has a good chance to contribute at least in a spot starter role. Plus not too mention he can probably be had for free on your leagues FA list. Orioles fans unite, What say you??? ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Giambis » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:53 pm

I see control as a major problem, he's pretty tall and seems to have problems bringing his pitches down in the zone. I like his prospects for improvement over last year's numbers, but his minor league numbers are not inspiring, just way too many walks. Throw in that he'll be pitching against the AL east far too much, and I think I'll be leaving him on the wire.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:07 pm

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Shaman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 pm

my concern (as a loewen owner) is that he seems to be on a very strict pitch count. coupled with his walks and deep counts, it seems unlikely he'll pitch long enough to consistently win games. and Ks have not shown up in regular season.
Shaman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers