Postby Ender » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:10 am

Sell high as fast as you can.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B1leper » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:34 am

Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.

I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.
B1leper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Geek » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:19 pm

converge241 wrote:great guy this year to have drafted as your last pick and park on the DL (I did in a few)

he still has injury concerns though so lets not get too excited about what he will do

Him and Hudson.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:19 pm

B1leper wrote:

I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.

i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:

i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.

thats exactly what im saying...if you sell him now i still think you're selling him too low. if he keeps this up for 3-4 more starts, then you have a bigger sample size to sell someone on.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby samjerky » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:04 pm

The Angels should use a four-man rotation with Colon pitching like every third rotation to give them a rest and to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I don't think the Oompa Loompa will hold up for an entire year + playoffs.
samjerky Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Geek » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:

It's funny--a guy starts doing better than expected and people's first instinct is to sell high.

Heck, I'm MORE than happy to just hold onto He Who Is Big and Fat.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:08 pm

samjerky wrote:The Angels should use a four-man rotation with Colon pitching like every third rotation to give them a rest and to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I don't think the Oompa Loompa will hold up for an entire year + playoffs.

quite possibily the worst idea ever :-t

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Matt Cain and Bartolo Colon are the aces on my staff...not sure if that is a good thing
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Geek wrote:
Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:

It's funny--a guy starts doing better than expected and people's first instinct is to sell high.

Heck, I'm MORE than happy to just hold onto He Who Is Big and Fat.

Of course thats my first opinion, I've seen his mechanics and my money is he's back on the DL by the all star break.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers