Bartolo Colon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bartolo Colon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:10 am

Sell high as fast as you can.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B1leper » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:34 am

Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.


I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.
B1leper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Postby Geek » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:19 pm

converge241 wrote:great guy this year to have drafted as your last pick and park on the DL (I did in a few)

he still has injury concerns though so lets not get too excited about what he will do

Him and Hudson.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2447
Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:19 pm

B1leper wrote:
Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.


I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.


i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:
Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.


I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.


i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.


thats exactly what im saying...if you sell him now i still think you're selling him too low. if he keeps this up for 3-4 more starts, then you have a bigger sample size to sell someone on.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby samjerky » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:04 pm

The Angels should use a four-man rotation with Colon pitching like every third rotation to give them a rest and to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I don't think the Oompa Loompa will hold up for an entire year + playoffs.
samjerky Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 624
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Geek » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:
Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.


I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.


i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.


It's funny--a guy starts doing better than expected and people's first instinct is to sell high.

Heck, I'm MORE than happy to just hold onto He Who Is Big and Fat.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2447
Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:08 pm

samjerky wrote:The Angels should use a four-man rotation with Colon pitching like every third rotation to give them a rest and to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I don't think the Oompa Loompa will hold up for an entire year + playoffs.


quite possibily the worst idea ever :-t
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Matt Cain and Bartolo Colon are the aces on my staff...not sure if that is a good thing
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Geek wrote:
Laean wrote:
B1leper wrote:
Ender wrote:Sell high as fast as you can.


I think his potential value far exceeds whatever you can get for him at this point. You are not likely to get much in return at this point.

It's like playing with the house's money. That said, if he continues to pitch well and I can get something legitimately good back for him in a month or two, I'll be all over that.


i agree. he IS a sell high, but only an idiot would give anything worth his "sell high value" after 2 starts. if he keeps up a sub 3 era for a month or two, then maybe.

chances are though he'll just be worth keeping anyway. probably will be around 3.60 era, 1.20 whip, and decent Ws and Ks by end of the seaso.


It's funny--a guy starts doing better than expected and people's first instinct is to sell high.

Heck, I'm MORE than happy to just hold onto He Who Is Big and Fat.


Of course thats my first opinion, I've seen his mechanics and my money is he's back on the DL by the all star break.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, joiingds, scarnicease, uphonnandam and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact