Luis Luis Luis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Luis Luis Luis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Luis Luis Luis

Postby 2times » Wed May 08, 2002 10:58 pm

ahh....Luis Luis Luis...you looked so promising, i thought 48 homers was conservative and now you're on pace for 34. Do I trade you only to watch you catch fire for Ned Flanders' team, or hold onto you and grimace as you struggle all year?

His name still holds premium value right now, but for how long? What do u guys think? (I'm really kicking my own ass over LuGo/Kent/Womack for Nomar/Boone/Simon right now)
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

pace

Postby cwebb » Thu May 09, 2002 3:54 am

So he's on pace for 34. What does it mean? Nothing! Three hours after I get up I'm on pace to zero burgers on the day, but when the evening comes I'll make sure the total goes up to five at least!

Don't panic now and don't shop him around too obviously because others might also think he's on pace to only 34 then!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu May 09, 2002 5:20 am

Seems like he's heating up. I'd hang on - even if you still want to deal him in a couple weeks, his name value will still be there.

In this case, grimacing sounds better than listening to Flanders gloat.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2times » Thu May 09, 2002 7:11 pm

that's what i would have thought too, but i looked at his batting splits the last couple years and he's a first half player! granted, he has been heating up in terms of average, he's a consistent .300 hitter of course, but I'm talking about his power stroke. it just has me worried...
2times

Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers