GO CARDS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

GO CARDS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nisly » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:20 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:Welcome to the Cafe.... ;-D

Good luck finishing ahead of Houston for second though..... ;-)

:-P

The Cubs are an arm/elbow injury away from making you wish you never said that. ;-)

You're right though, it's gonna be tough. I think we are set up for a major battle in the Central. Houston looks pretty nice now with their latest additions too. I wish we could start today, it's gonna be fun.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Nisly wrote:You're right though, it's gonna be tough. I think we are set up for a major battle in the Central. Houston looks pretty nice now with their latest additions too. I wish we could start today, it's gonna be fun.

In all seriousness.....as I have said before...the Central is going to be a dog fight again this year....But that is what makes it great.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cards_fan_8537 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:27 pm

bell wrote:Welcome.

And the Cards will need a lot of parts to be excellent this season just to remain in striking distance of the Cubbies and Stros.

Guess I'm new here too. :-D But I couldn't agree with bell anymore (unfortunately :-S ).
cards_fan_8537
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drunkenmonkey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:37 pm

You just gotta have faith. We obviously still have the best offense, and I think the pitching may surprise. Suppan did well to begin last year for Pittsburgh before tapering off. Now, he's got a better defense behind him not to mention better run support. And Carpenter is one hell of a sleeper this year. Williams has been quoted as saying he's got the best stuff on the team. If he can stay away from injuries, he could be a pleasant surprise. The number five spot is the only one I'm overly worried about. I think the bullpen will be fine as well (although LaTroy Hawkins would have been nice).
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby CardinalFreek989 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:05 pm

Yeah I agree, Suppan and Carpenter are not a bad 3 and 4, IMO. I'm also a little worried about Marquis, but I have a feeling he will be pretty good too. I understand that our rotation may not be as deep as Houston and the Cubs but its still not too bad and our lineup is arguably still the best with pujols,rolen,edmonds,renteria, and sanders isnt a bad addition. Its gonna be a fun year because I dont really know whos gonna win this divison.
CardinalFreek989
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

here we go again

Postby Pujols100M » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:35 pm

So Woody may be down, who's next...
Baseball's Perfect Warrior; Baseball's Perfect Knight
Stan "The Man" Musial
R.I.P.

I've come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum - Nada
Pujols100M
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tasneem » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:30 pm

I agree that the rotation may not be as good as Houston's or Chicago's but some of the newer pitchers may have great season. You can't lose faith!

The rotation looks good with Martinez out and Sanders in. Hopefully Edmonds and Renteria will have even better season than they did last year.

Cardinals for the World Series!!!
Procrastination is a way of life!

Proud St. Louis Cardinals fan. Baseball rules!
Tasneem
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to St. Louis Cardinals