Soriano leaving the game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Soriano leaving the game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Crippler » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Yep, looks like he's going to the list for 7-10 days. Hopefully he can rest and evaluate what he's doing wrong. Get well soon Fonso!
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Don G. » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:36 pm

Rotoworld just updated saying he's going to avoid the DL for now. I hope he's ok for next week. Sucks that he's already locked in my lineup this week though.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vlat89 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:15 pm

Pie surprisingly started today. 0-1 so far. The gurus are all over this guy.
vlat89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Don G. » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:34 pm

some more info....looks like 1 week...according to the article on espn it's already feeling better. also, supposedly, soriano does not like to play hurt so i doubt he'll rush back...if he says 1 week, i'd assume he's being safe....

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs outfielder Alfonso Soriano expects to miss about a week after straining his left hamstring while diving for a ball Monday night against the San Diego Padres.

Fantasy spin
The Cubs called up top prospect Felix Pie while Alfonso Soriano is out with a hamstring strain. What does this mean for fantasy baseball? Find out in Eric Karabell's blog.

The Cubs mulled putting the five-time All-Star on the 15-day disabled list, even though an MRI on Tuesday revealed no major structural damage. Instead, they optioned right-handed pitcher Angel Guzman to Triple-A Iowa just before Tuesday's game against the Padres and called up top prospect Felix Pie, who started in center and batted leadoff in his major-league debut.

"I'm upset right now because I like to play everyday," Soriano said Tuesday morning. "I think I want to be there for them in a week."

The Cubs were leading San Diego 3-0 in the fifth inning Monday night when Clay Hensley lofted a fly to shallow center. Soriano sprinted in, dived and rolled over as he trapped the ball.

He then got up and slipped while attempting a throw. Trainer Mark O'Neal tended to him, and Soriano walked off under his own power.

A key component in the Cubs' offseason overhaul, Soriano is batting .245 with no homers and one RBI after signing for eight years and $136 million.

Although Soriano said he was feeling "much better," his status was in doubt until the Cubs optioned Guzman. Manager Lou Piniella spent most of the morning in a meeting with general manager Jim Hendry, assistant general manager Randy Bush and the medical staff.

"I want to do a lot of treatment, a lot of ice," Soriano said.

Pie, batting .444 (16-for-36) with a homer and six RBIs in 11 games with Iowa, learned Monday that he was getting called up.

"It's my dream," he said. "I can't explain how I'm feeling right now."

Guzman is 0-0 with a 2.45 ERA in four relief appearances.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:20 pm

So basically this is the best case reasonable scenario for Soriano owners. Knock on wood. ;-D
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates