The game of Diplomacy (mafia players read) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The game of Diplomacy (mafia players read)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wake » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:42 pm

How do you keep score in this game? If it's just a post showing what cities every country controls, couldn't we just keep track of 2 games in 1 thread? 3 weeks is a long time to wait for a 2nd game if there's already 14 people willing to play.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:50 pm

wake wrote:How do you keep score in this game? If it's just a post showing what cities every country controls, couldn't we just keep track of 2 games in 1 thread? 3 weeks is a long time to wait for a 2nd game if there's already 14 people willing to play.

The red dots on the map are 'supply centers' (I think that's the name...) and, if you have a supply center, it can support one army or fleet. Each unit (fleet or army) needs the support of another unit to 'push' another country's units out of the space. This support can come from your own guys OR the guys of another power, if you can convince them to help you. The centers are added up every other turn so if you gain or lose them, your army will get bigger (and more overstretched) or smaller (and more compact...).

I would think that a separate thread for each game might work a bit better to keep them straight.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:02 pm

I don't see a problem with starting up a 2nd game if there are enough players.

edit: what we could do is have one game where everyone uses aim and another game where no instant messenger is allowed.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby wake » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:06 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I would think that a separate thread for each game might work a bit better to keep them straight.

I just don't know if the mods want both a mafia and 2 diplomacy threads up at the same time.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:27 pm

I have Yahoo IM, but that's the only one. I'm willing to download if it helps, though.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 pm

wake wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I would think that a separate thread for each game might work a bit better to keep them straight.

I just don't know if the mods want both a mafia and 2 diplomacy threads up at the same time.

I'm sure if it gets out of hand they will just add another forum and move our threads there.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby wake » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:02 pm

I have IM if you're splitting the game up that way.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk