Tragedy at VT: At least 20 dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tragedy at VT: At least 20 dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Um, is the old news or has no one else seen this: 8-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myqy6ZRsQ8c&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg

What makes me sick is them actually releasing the video. That's obviously what he wanted so why give him the light. What if some other troubled soul sees how much attention this guy (I refuse to use his name for this same reason) is getting and feels he/she could be the one in the spotlight.

I am very sick of the media. The school has sent out more than one email to all students discussing unauthorized media members gaining access to or following students into dorms. Go away already. :-t

No, it's not old news. Besides, you can find absolutely anything on Youtube and you don't have to look too hard to see news segments regarding the killer as these clips are usually in the Most Viewed section.

I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of these school threats are popping out of the woodwork in light of what has happened at VT and of course, what compounds things is the anniversary of Columbine today. I don't mind that the media informs the public of threats being made in local high schools or even colleges (Cal State Channel Islands comes to mind), but to some extent, with the media putting spotlight coverage on the VT killer's profile, there's some sort of a correlation here, even though a good lot of schools has its share of misfits who could go homicidal.

I can't imagine the kind of pressure and presence the media has on VT, as it is quite overwhelming, especially for a community that is quite far from being considered a metropolitan area. But the media being the media, will get a month's load of stories out of it unfortunately.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby citybirds27 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Today (National Maroon and Orange day) was celebrated at our school.. I live in Forest, Virginia and everyone here pretty much likes UVA or VT. I was SHOCKED at the turn out of the orange-maroon shirts. Over 80% of the people had it on.. the emos, punks, etc. Pretty good ;-D
citybirds27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:06 pm

citybirds27 wrote:Today (National Maroon and Orange day) was celebrated at our school.. I live in Forest, Virginia and everyone here pretty much likes UVA or VT. I was SHOCKED at the turn out of the orange-maroon shirts. Over 80% of the people had it on.. the emos, punks, etc. Pretty good ;-D
Yeah I saw the works out there today too. Flags on cars. Hats, shirts. Heck I walked into a bagel place this morning and there were 18 VT students all wearing their shirts of course. Was a pretty neat sight in public today around here in Northern Viginia.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:31 am

They had a documentary on last night. The shooter's roommate said he didn't even know how to say his roommates name until he heard it on TV and he lived with the guy for 9 months. I know they said this guy was a loner, but wow.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk