Vlad Guerrero (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Vlad Guerrero (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dirtywater2 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Justblaze wrote:Hmmm, I hope Colon faces the Red Sox sometime and shows Papi and Manny a piece of his rusty arse 96mph fastball. If he does been them, just shrug his shoulders, and say "No speak English."

Of course, I don't want any players to get injured.O:-)

By the way this is coming from a Yankee fan and a proud Vlad owner. I'm biased.

I am also a Vlad owner. So I am holding my breath as well. But c'mon. Do you really think that was intentional? Did you see it or read about it here?
dirtywater2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScarletP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 pm

If a pitcher is going to intentionally hit a batter, he usually does it with the first pitch. He's not going to intentionally hit him with a 0-2 count.

That said, it being Vladdy and all, why didn't he just jack a double down the line off of that pitch?
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Justblaze » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 pm

It's just competitive nature. When I see my teamate down and hurt, I stand up for him. The other Angel's offensive players should have stepped up and Santana should have pitched better. But since none of that happened I surely thought Ervin should have down something. And yes I watched the game, but it's called standing up for your leader, Vlad. I wouldn't necessarily bean them, but I'd certainly brush them off the plate. And if they get hit so be it. Your probably not a Yankee or Red Sox fan, so you wouldn't understand.
Last edited by Justblaze on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:31 pm

I only had time to watch the first inning and was :~( after seeing Vlad get hit. First AB of the week and I own him in my H2H leauge.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Dmville » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:03 pm

KTM wrote:
SM182 wrote:That's such bullcrap. Warning both teams after one hitter essentially says that if you're going to hit someone, make sure you're the first team to do it. I'd imagine Manny or Ortiz will get thrown at when the series comes to Anaheim.

Agree.

They'll warn anytime someone gets hit in the AB just after a HR. Just basic policy. From what I've read, the ump explained that to Beckett and Scoscia and all parties were fine.

Ugh, Vlad and Aram, both mine, both w bum wrists.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Justblaze wrote:Hmmm, I hope Colon faces the Red Sox sometime and shows Papi and Manny a piece of his rusty arse 96mph fastball. If he does been them, just shrug his shoulders, and say "No speak English."

Just guessing here but I don't think a 'No speak English' would deter Ramirez and Ortiz at tearing into Colon in their native tongue of Spanish - all three of them are from the Dominican Republic. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby dirtywater2 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 am

Justblaze wrote:It's just competitive nature. When I see my teamate down and hurt, I stand up for him. The other Angel's offensive players should have stepped up and Santana should have pitched better. But since none of that happened I surely thought Ervin should have down something. And yes I watched the game, but it's called standing up for your leader, Vlad. I wouldn't necessarily bean them, but I'd certainly brush them off the plate. And if they get hit so be it. Your probably not a Yankee or Red Sox fan, so you wouldn't understand.

I agree with standing up for your leader. But there are cases where your leader is hit as a result of a bad pitch with no malicious intent whatsoever.

Brushback pitches, on the other hand, have intent. So if you hit someone with a brushback pitch you cannot claim it was accidental or a bad pitch.

As far as not being a Sox or Yankee fan, I grew up 4 miles from Fenway. So I understand.
dirtywater2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby noles1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Any news on Vlad's status for tonights game?
noles1 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SweetAurillia » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:57 pm

Apr 17 Updating previous reports, Sports Network reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim OF Vladimir Guerrero (wrist) will likely sit out the Tuesday, April 17, game against the Oakland Athletics. Guerrero was hit on the wrist by a fastball Monday, April 16.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:05 pm

a little Vlad update:
LOS ANGELES: Manager Mike Scioscia is confident RF Vladimir Guerrero will be sidelined only a couple of days recovering from a wrist injury. The slugger bruised his right wrist when hit by a pitch from Boston's Josh Beckett in the first inning of Monday's 7-2 loss to the Red Sox at Fenway Park. Guerrero received treatment Tuesday as trainers worked to reduce the swelling before he begins to regaining range of motion. "Actually he feels much better than he could have been," Scioscia said. "We're very encouraged. Hopefully he'll be ready to go Friday."
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates