Yahoo! Dictatorship - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo! Dictatorship

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby idealFX » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:32 pm

ew. there will be no reaching into either man's mouth for the retrieval of words.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Oh, ok, you are saying that I put words into your mouth by saying that you thought that wasn't a veto. No, I merely said that if you think so, you'd be the fool I was portraying.

Again, maybe you don't like vetoes for reasons other than being seduced by the possibility of getting elite players without making a sacrifice, but others must hate them for this very reason. The fake team I constructed is an extreme example, but that's what a lot of the "veto only when collusion happens" camp are thinking about when they sit down at their computers and offer trades. If they're in my league, they're going to be disappointed.

Again, I didn't mean to accuse you of being one of those people, but I'd say there's at least an even money chance that some cheating is going on here, wouldn't you say? This is commish's corner, so I'm telling others what I'd do as commish, and that is veto this trade and if further investigation proves collusion, lock the teams.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby scotty5150 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:53 pm

The only difference, from my perspective, is to investigate collusion first, prior to the consideration of any veto. If that is found to be the case, by all means, take the necessary action.
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Postby prricci » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Let me save you a lot of time...drop the league. Furthermore, that first trade wasn't worthy of a veto, IMO.

You guys are crazy. There was obviously reason to suspect that the two teams were the same person. The trade is obviously enormously lopsided. What more do you want for a veto? Everything that has happened since has been consistent with the initial trade being a double owner that was cheating... so WHY IN THE WORLD SHOULDN'T THAT TRADE HAVE BEEN VETOED?

Some people just won't be happy if they can't build an all star team I guess, but the idea that the initial trade here SHOULDN'T have been vetoed is about as asinine a thought as I've heard all day.

That said, please, never visit that league page again, it will only bring you more pain, the league is beyond repair.

P.S.- You can't make this team:

C- McCann
1B- Pujols
2B- Utley
3B- ARod
SS- Reyes
OF- Beltran, Vlad, Sizemore
Util- Soriano

SPs- Santana, Sheets, Peavy, Zambrano, Sabathia
RPs- Rivera, Papelbon, KRod, Nathan

in a league that allows vetoes... and I honestly think that's exactly why some people around here hate them.

What the heck are you talking about...he only implied that the two managers possibly are the same...not sure how this is obvious and the trade itself is not lobsided as you suggest.

team1 gave up: Miguel Cabrera + Jimmy Rollins
team2 gave up: David Wright + Edgar Renteria

I agree I would rather be team 1 but wright is a stud and has helped me win my public league the past two years...and Renteria is not a slouch.

Anyways, i would get the heck out of this league.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 pm

what? a first rounder and a second rounder for a not as good first rounder and a twelfth rounder? Yeah, not lopsided at all. Obviously very likely that cheating is going on, but it should be vetoed anyway, for those who wish to maintain the competitive balance of their league. So, what the heck are YOU talking about?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner