Yahoo! Dictatorship - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo! Dictatorship

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Dictatorship

Postby idealFX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 am

ok here's how it went down. The scenario was an 8-team, H2H league (categories/pos dont matter). These two guys, who were quite possibly the same guy registered under different screen names, made a trade that went like this (before the season):

team1 gave up: Miguel Cabrera + Jimmy Rollins
team2 gave up: David Wright + Edgar Renteria

The commish didn't like it, and neither did everyone else, so the dipsh1t commish decided to drop all players on both culprits' teams. Since both teams were so stacked, people had to fight for them on the waiver wire. Time passed, then the dropped players were on other people's (only 3 people participated) teams (I got A-Rod, MCab, and Sizemore yay). Since I offered some diplomacy, and said that the dropped players should be replaced onto their respective teams, benched (giving their opponents free wins).

HOWEVER, after dropping my players (except ARod and MCab [cant cut list] to start the revolution, which was quite possibly the dumbest thing I could've done, no one decided to follow. However, no one picked them up either. So a couple days pass, and finally the commish reads my proposal, then takes the players I dropped and some other players he liked from other people's teams.

Is there anyway this infraction can be corrected? Is there some Yahoo! guy I can e-mail about this injustice? It's pretty bullsh1t, even though I've won the first two weeks (didn't play the commish), that 4-5 teams look like the freaking All-Star teams... If someone can help, send me a message. Thanks in advance folks.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby commence8 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Let me save you a lot of time...drop the league. Furthermore, that first trade wasn't worthy of a veto, IMO.
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyBandit » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:49 pm

commence8 wrote:Let me save you a lot of time...drop the league. Furthermore, that first trade wasn't worthy of a veto, IMO.

I agree,

team1 gave up: Miguel Cabrera + Jimmy Rollins
team2 gave up: David Wright + Edgar Renteria

Team one gave up more but no way can you veto it. If the commish did his better off getting out.
FantasyBandit
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:16 pm

Let me save you a lot of time...drop the league. Furthermore, that first trade wasn't worthy of a veto, IMO.

You guys are crazy. There was obviously reason to suspect that the two teams were the same person. The trade is obviously enormously lopsided. What more do you want for a veto? Everything that has happened since has been consistent with the initial trade being a double owner that was cheating... so WHY IN THE WORLD SHOULDN'T THAT TRADE HAVE BEEN VETOED?

Some people just won't be happy if they can't build an all star team I guess, but the idea that the initial trade here SHOULDN'T have been vetoed is about as asinine a thought as I've heard all day.

That said, please, never visit that league page again, it will only bring you more pain, the league is beyond repair.

P.S.- You can't make this team:

C- McCann
1B- Pujols
2B- Utley
3B- ARod
SS- Reyes
OF- Beltran, Vlad, Sizemore
Util- Soriano

SPs- Santana, Sheets, Peavy, Zambrano, Sabathia
RPs- Rivera, Papelbon, KRod, Nathan

in a league that allows vetoes... and I honestly think that's exactly why some people around here hate them.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby idealFX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:53 pm

it wasnt that it wasnt vetoed... i vetoed and got my brother and a friend to, but it seems no one else did, and since the commish was being ridiculous, he let it through to begin with.

i beat one of the guys who cheated last week, 8-4-1, besides the commish and another douche who kept his team, my team still looks pretty solid:

C - Pudge
1B - Tex
2B - Weeks (HR today)
3B - Hall (GS today)
SS - Tejada
OF - Wheels
OF - Delmon Young
OF - Rios
Util - Glaus
Util - Furcal
BN - Big Sexy, Renteria, Lugo
DL - Matsui

SP - Johan, Harden, Peavy, King Felix, Dice-K, Capuano
RP - Nathan, Gordon, Gagne, F. Cordero
DL - Pedro, Nolan's kid

I guess I'm glad I drafted pitching early and decided to land some late risks in my lineup.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ABA316 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:51 pm

I went through this BS in a football league last year. Though I don't have the actual reply, I emailed Yahoo whereby under their rules it states that collusive activity can be punished up to and including one's Yahoo account being pulled. The response was that there was nothing they could do about a private league. Yeah, even though they provide the space for it..right. :-t
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby idealFX » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:25 am

thanks for all the input guys. ill probably follow the league until the end, because #1, i'm competitive, and #2, i think i have a legitimate chance of winning with my team.

it really sucks that yahoo does this (not do anything about bad commissioners), but its understandable. im sure yahoo would have a million emails about "bad commissioners" if it WAS allowed.

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby scotty5150 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:I honestly think that's exactly why some people around here hate them.

No, people around here hate them because, by and large, we're smart enough to make our own decisions without the micromanagement of half-wit owners.
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 pm

No, people around here hate them because, by and large, we're smart enough to make our own decisions without the micromanagement of half-wit owners.

You maybe, but if you honestly believe that this trade wasn't a veto under the circumstances, I suspect I'd be giving you too much credit in calling you a half-wit.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby scotty5150 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:22 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

You maybe, but if you honestly believe that this trade wasn't a veto under the circumstances, I suspect I'd be giving you too much credit in calling you a half-wit.

Kindly reach into my mouth and retrieve your words, please.
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner