Phil Hughes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Phil Hughes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Yanks dont want hughes up until hes absolutely ready or they use every other resource

i mean really they ahd chances to pull the trigger

and even as a Sox fan this is for the best..dont rush him and break all his promise for them in the future
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:19 pm

Don't expect him before August.

They've got plenty of options in Wright, Clippard etc.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jfg » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:37 pm

Although I would use my waiver priority right now for Hughes, I'd be much more comfortable using it once he gets some more work in the minors. Plus, if you don't have a high waiver priority it allows some time for other owners to waste it and move you up the list. See, this is good for fantasy teams too!
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:28 pm

If Hughes comes up it's because they think he can pitch very well for them and be a factor in the playoffs. There not going to use him to fill in for a start or 2 and then send him back down.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ABA316 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:04 am

Just traded him for Matt Garza in a 5 man keeper. Hughes would have cost slightly more to keep and Garza's likely to be in the bigs first. Granted I think more highly of Hughes in the long run but you gotta play for this year too.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BoilerATC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:07 am

ABA316 wrote:Just traded him for Matt Garza in a 5 man keeper. Hughes would have cost slightly more to keep and Garza's likely to be in the bigs first. Granted I think more highly of Hughes in the long run but you gotta play for this year too.

You got taken. Hughes is a legit ace prospect and Garza at best is a #2. Garza might not even put up good enough numbers to help you win this year either.
BoilerATC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:00 am

ABA316 wrote:Just traded him for Matt Garza in a 5 man keeper. Hughes would have cost slightly more to keep and Garza's likely to be in the bigs first. Granted I think more highly of Hughes in the long run but you gotta play for this year too.

Not good.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ABA316 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:14 pm

Had to make a move..SP is playing HORRENDOUS for me this year. I've been trying for a week to upgrade pitching and needed to do something.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Super Manny » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:25 pm

The Lincecum thread just got moved to the Minor League/College forum. I'd anticipate that this one will soon follow suit. :-t

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby BoilerATC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:46 pm

ABA316 wrote:Had to make a move..SP is playing HORRENDOUS for me this year. I've been trying for a week to upgrade pitching and needed to do something.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. Garza's minor league numbers won't help you anymore than Hughes's will. If you only keep 5 players Garza will never be a keeper, ever. Hughes will be a top 10 pitcher, possibly better, and will be a keeper.

And the season is only 16 days old, so unless you drafted really poor SP's you shouldn't be panicking.
BoilerATC
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball