100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Phil Hughes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Phil Hughes

Postby silverZ » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Per CBS
Fantasy Analysis
The interesting thing here is that top-prospect Phil Hughes has yet to be considered for any of the situations in which the Yankees have needed an arm. The Yankees don't seem to feel he is ready for the big leagues, but keep a close eye on this situation if you own Hughes in a keeper league. The Yankees really don't have many options and may have to turn to him if Chien-Ming Wang (hamstring) suffers any setback and can't return this week.
(Updated 04/15/2007).

Anybody know more? I could use him in an AL only league.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cobbs87 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:15 pm

Well not only has he struggled so far in Triple A but he is also still on a pitch count. Rushing him could really hamper his development right now. Hughes may not come up this year.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby SignGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:16 pm

im thinking that when the yanks make the decision to call up hughes they want him there for good. also, he hasnt looked so sharp and that wright kid has been pitching very well, even if it is AA.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Phil Hughes

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:16 pm

silverZ wrote:Per CBS
Fantasy Analysis
The interesting thing here is that top-prospect Phil Hughes has yet to be considered for any of the situations in which the Yankees have needed an arm. The Yankees don't seem to feel he is ready for the big leagues, but keep a close eye on this situation if you own Hughes in a keeper league. The Yankees really don't have many options and may have to turn to him if Chien-Ming Wang (hamstring) suffers any setback and can't return this week.
(Updated 04/15/2007).

Anybody know more?

They have Chase Wright who is starting this Tuesday. Russ Olendorf is another option. Jeff karstens is coming back as well
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:21 pm

There are teams with surplus pitching talent. The Padres have two AAAA starters in Mike Thompson and Justin Germano, who are probably fairly cheap. That said, I think Cashman and Clemens may exchange words within the next week. ;-)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby cobbs87 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:28 pm

davidmarver wrote:There are teams with surplus pitching talent. The Padres have two AAAA starters in Mike Thompson and Justin Germano, who are probably fairly cheap. That said, I think Cashman and Clemens may exchange words within the next week. ;-)

Why settle there? Who is this Peavy guy I've been hearing about? :-?

You think they would want Melky Cabrera or even better...
Doug Mientkieveaiesjf.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby jbauer2485 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm

The Yankees have a lot of options. I don't think we'll see Hughes this year even with the mess of a rotation they have right now.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:41 pm

Hughes is not ready. He's very young and hasn't gotten off to a great start at AAA. It will take some time to adjust and until he is ready, they won't even think about bringing him up. I hope.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SignGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:42 pm

jbauer2485 wrote:The Yankees have a lot of options. I don't think we'll see Hughes this year even with the mess of a rotation they have right now.

He's gotta come up in september, i hope. in my league you can draft anyone you want but if they dont make the yahoo pool i lose his rights to be kept.
Last edited by SignGuy on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:50 pm

davidmarver wrote:There are teams with surplus pitching talent. The Padres have two AAAA starters in Mike Thompson and Justin Germano, who are probably fairly cheap. That said, I think Cashman and Clemens may exchange words within the next week. ;-)

I'm sure Cashman will talk to Clemens, but I don't think this situation makes the chances any better. If he's not going to be back until July it doesn't help them at all with their current situation anyways, and if they're not going to have a pitching staff that can keep them competitive he'd probably go to a team that has a better shot at winning (aka Boston).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball