Rich Harden leaves game with injury (4/15) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich Harden leaves game with injury (4/15)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby glcmustliveon » Thu May 03, 2007 1:06 am

anybody else sad that MARK PRIOR has become a punchline...

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KTM » Fri May 04, 2007 11:25 am

glcmustliveon wrote:anybody else sad that MARK PRIOR has become a punchline...

Yes.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Holein1 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:37 am

I didnt know you could get sad about fantasy baseball?? :-?
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby TheWrightStuff » Fri May 04, 2007 11:43 am

I got sick of his progress only to regress, especially now since he got shut down for ANOTHER week. I have Carpenter, Hamels, Zambrano, and Lincecum to name a few so I got what I could get for him and shipped him for Konerko a few days ago.
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby checkers » Sun May 06, 2007 10:50 pm

Is he coming back anytime soon? need DL spot for Mauer...
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Big Train » Mon May 07, 2007 4:56 am

checkers wrote:Is he coming back anytime soon? need DL spot for Mauer...

The link below says that he won't even begin to throw until later this week so he won't be back until the middle of the month at the earliest and that would be optimistic given he needs time to work back into pitching condition after being off for a month... There's no news yet on the A's MLB site about when he might begin to throw, so until further news comes out, I'll speculate that the month-end series against the Rangers from the 28th to the 30th would be his earliest return assuming that he beings throwing later this week (a big assumption obviously)....it will probably depend on whether he goes on a rehab assignment or not.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_5798813
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 07, 2007 9:09 am

As usual with Harden this is a pick-your-source exercise. History (and it's a long one) shows that the A's and Harden himself tend to "undersell" the extent of his malady du jour. Here's the latest from Baseball Injury Report, which I tend to find fairly accurate:

Rich Harden (RHP, OAK) On Monday (last), Harden had his ailing pitching shoulder evaluated and was told to remain in shutdown mode at least until May 11. This will give him 3 1/2 weeks of rest and hopefully clear up the shoulder. The fact that the physician added one week to the expected down time suggests his shoulder is still sore or the inflammation remains. It also means there will not be a quick turnaround. He'll need to do some long tossing and throwing off a flat surface before trying to throw off a pitching mound. Any chance that Harden could return before the first week of June is close to being gone. Our latest rough estimate has him returning sometime from June 3-10.

http://www.baseball-injury-report.com/about.shtml
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Rich Harden leaves game with injury (4/15)

Postby kemper5 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 am

Rich Harden won't be returning this week. He visited Dr. Lewis Yocum in Los Angeles, who suggested he not throw until the middle of the month. He has some shoulder irritation. Dallas Braden is the likely No. 5 starter next weeked.
(Updated 05/07/2007).

I do not think we will see Harden pitch in a game before June 1st, I expect him to be back 2 Months later in Mid June..

Here are his quotes he gave initially..

Rich Harden-S- Athletics Apr. 15 - 9:36 pm et
Rich Harden doesn't believe he'll miss any time after leaving Sunday's game with right shoulder tightness.
Harden was removed from Sunday's game. "It's not too serious," he said. "I'm not concerned." Even if it's true that it's not a major problem,

Rich Harden-S- Athletics Apr. 17 - 10:09 am et
Rich Harden (shoulder) said Monday that he's "pretty sure" he'll make his scheduled start Saturday against the Rangers.

And then it went out of control. Bullpen sessions went bad, shoulder is still hurting..I think he's gonna basically have to start over again from ground zero and then what he's back to full form in July i f he makes it without getting injured..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue May 08, 2007 2:43 am

Eh, I never expected him back until mid-June; now I'm thinking more like ASB, if ever.
I kinda like kemper's plan, though ... have him start from scratch later this summer. Then he can rise like a phoenix from my DL in September and do his Sandy bleepin' Koufax, spring-training routine in the playoffs.
If he starts a game before then, and shows any effectiveness at all, I'll have him on the block immediately.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 08, 2007 4:16 am

Holein1 wrote:I didnt know you could get sad about fantasy baseball?? :-?

well it happens quite often to serious players B-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates