Joakim Soria - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Joakim Soria

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joakim Soria

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:06 pm

What do you guys think...does he have a decent chance to become the every day closer? He has better stuff than Octavio Dotel, IMO, and David Riske could hardly be considered a threat to get the job over him. Thoughts?
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joakim Soria

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:05 pm

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:What do you guys think...does he have a decent chance to become the every day closer? He has better stuff than Octavio Dotel, IMO, and David Riske could hardly be considered a threat to get the job over him. Thoughts?

:-?

Soria doesn't have anywhere near the stuff Dotel does. Once Dotel is healthy he will get his job back. Soria may be named closer for now but I'm betting we use more of the "who's hot right now" for the closer until Dotel comes back.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby SignGuy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:48 pm

He is the favorite for saves and is worth adding in all formats. Dotel should remain to be an injury risk so he could be a nice find for cheap saves this year
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Joakim Soria

Postby clarkw267 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 pm

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:What do you guys think...does he have a decent chance to become the every day closer? He has better stuff than Octavio Dotel, IMO, and David Riske could hardly be considered a threat to get the job over him. Thoughts?

Your opinion is crazy, because when healthy Dotel has excellent stuff.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby SweetAurillia » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 pm

Soria is good but Dotel is definitely on another level. He's worth adding simply because we don't really know how long Dotel will be out. Right now they're estimating early May but Dotel's return date has been continually pushed back so I think Soria is worthy of an add for now. There's no doubt that Dotel is going to be the closer when he comes back since he was brought in specifically for this.
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates