Auction league team 1/2 way through draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Auction league team 1/2 way through draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction league team 1/2 way through draft

Postby mikcou » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:39 pm

$260 cap 5x5 keeper league roto. How does my team look?

MikeTheKing
C-
1B-Todd Helton($38)
2B-Luis Castillo($18)
3B-Aramis Ramirez($7)
SS-Edgar Renteria($28)
OF-Moises Alou($9)
OF-Mark Teixiera($21)
OF-JD Drew($6)
Util-
Util-

SP-Johan Santana($23)
SP-Matt Clement($8)
SP-Carlos Zambrano($14)
RP-John Smoltz($27)
RP-
P-Brett Myers($6)
P-AJ Burnett($8)
P-
B-
B-
B-
B-
B-
Last edited by mikcou on Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:15 pm

Looks really solid. Get you another Closer if possiable in case of injury to Smoltz, and you will have a nice team.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikcou » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:55 pm

thanks any other comments out there??
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby swarmee » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:01 pm

mikcou wrote:thanks any other comments out there??

This is just my personal preference, but spend all your hitting money on your starting lineup. Wasting dollars for players to sit on the bench is bad, IMO. Starting pitching isn't bad to spend for on the bench, since in daily leagues you can put them in. But if all your hitters stay healthy during the season, you've wasted salary on your bench-sitters that could have been used to upgrade you from a $1 starting catcher to Pudge Rodriquez.
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby kentx12 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:04 pm

swarmee wrote:

This is just my personal preference, but spend all your hitting money on your starting lineup. Wasting dollars for players to sit on the bench is bad, IMO. Starting pitching isn't bad to spend for on the bench, since in daily leagues you can put them in. But if all your hitters stay healthy during the season, you've wasted salary on your bench-sitters that could have been used to upgrade you from a $1 starting catcher to Pudge Rodriquez.

That is great advise. I had never thought of that. Thanks
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:01 am

Burnett is going to miss the beginning of the season and coming off of TJ surgery. I'd have left him be for that price.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikcou » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:53 am

swarmee wrote:

ya im going to do that I still have a decent amount of money to spend on the spots I have left...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:34 pm

Madison wrote:Burnett is going to miss the beginning of the season and coming off of TJ surgery. I'd have left him be for that price.
Yeah, you did pay a lot for Burnett.

Your team looks pretty well rounded. I would be a little worried with Teix, Alou and Drew in the OF. They could be a great OF next season, but if I recall correctly Teix is shifting to full time 1b, Alou probably only has another year or two left in him, and Drew could be amazing or could be hurt.

swarmee's advice would be good for most cases. However, I would pony up the money for some at least decent back up outfielders. Or if you are set on making a cheap bench, try to get deals on some other old or undervalued players like Biggio, Encarnacion, Salmon or Milton Bradley.

You are definately heading on the right track. You got great deals on Aramis, Drew (maybe), Clement, Zambrano and Myers.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby mikcou » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:33 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Madison wrote:Burnett is going to miss the beginning of the season and coming off of TJ surgery. I'd have left him be for that price.
Yeah, you did pay a lot for Burnett.

Your team looks pretty well rounded. I would be a little worried with Teix, Alou and Drew in the OF. They could be a great OF next season, but if I recall correctly Teix is shifting to full time 1b, Alou probably only has another year or two left in him, and Drew could be amazing or could be hurt.

swarmee's advice would be good for most cases. However, I would pony up the money for some at least decent back up outfielders. Or if you are set on making a cheap bench, try to get deals on some other old or undervalued players like Biggio, Encarnacion, Salmon or Milton Bradley.

You are definately heading on the right track. You got great deals on Aramis, Drew (maybe), Clement, Zambrano and Myers.

I just got Winn for $5 who I could use in the outfield if someone gets injured
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:36 pm

mikcou wrote:I just got Winn for $5 who I could use in the outfield if someone gets injured

Nice move and good buy. Hehe, he went for $5 in my auction keeper league too.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team