BJ Ryan (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BJ Ryan (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby powenM » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:32 pm

PowderedToastMan wrote:I just picked up Frasor too! He has great stuff. not B.J dominant but he will get plenty of shots to get saves for the Jays. Gratz to all who nabbed him before your fellow owners!

:-°

U guys plain overate this guy! Hes never been much of a prospect & has proven squat when givin the opportunity. Expect him to implode!
Jays r in big trouble if Ryan is seriously hurt!

I would never drop an AHeilman, especially in a holds lg, for him. He'll also give u just as good Ks, better era & whip & more holds.

Mark my words people will be running for JAccardo pretty soon.

Sad thing is BLeague's being unhealthy. This kid has good upside & has closer potential(Get him on your DLs for later)
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Xanadu » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:51 pm

powenM wrote:
PowderedToastMan wrote:I just picked up Frasor too! He has great stuff. not B.J dominant but he will get plenty of shots to get saves for the Jays. Gratz to all who nabbed him before your fellow owners!

U guys plain overate this guy! Hes never been much of a prospect & has proven squat when givin the opportunity. Expect him to implode!

I would never drop an AHeilman, especially in a holds lg, for him. He'll also give u just as good Ks, better era & whip & more holds.

I disagree with you about Frasor. I've had my eye on him for awhile. His numbers are good. I think the guy is going to step up and do a decent job. I somewhat agree with you about Heilman. He's a good holds guy to have but he hasn't been himself lately. I suspect he may be headed to the DL but I could be wrong. There are plenty of holds guys on waivers so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for your input. I will be monitoring Frasor closely. It is possible he could struggle in the closers role.

Peace, Eric B-)
Eric The Shrubber - I design and sell shrubberies!
Xanadu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:33 pm

thats why you dont pay for closers kids!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby kevinss2001 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm

why did marcum get the save today and not frasor? anyone know? is marcum the closer???? or is it a committee?
kevinss2001
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stymie38 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:57 pm

Before Ryan went down, Frasor had just thrown 30 pitches in Saturday's game. I doubt the Jays wanted to use him again on Sunday, especially in a save situation.
stymie38
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kevinss2001 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:59 pm

yeah i just saw that-thanks though
kevinss2001
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby silverZ » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:46 pm

On Sunday, Toronto placed Ryan on the 15-day disabled list and then on a plane headed for Birmingham, Ala., where the pitcher will meet with renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews on Monday. Ryan will undergo an MRI exam on his arm and Andrews will help determine the extent of the injury, which is currently being described as an "strained elbow."
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby checkers » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm

stymie38 wrote:Before Ryan went down, Frasor had just thrown 30 pitches in Saturday's game. I doubt the Jays wanted to use him again on Sunday, especially in a save situation.

well said... ;-D
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 pm

powenM wrote:

Mark my words people will be running for JAccardo pretty soon.

Sad thing is BLeague's being unhealthy. This kid has good upside & has closer potential(Get him on your DLs for later)

Frasor has been a solid reliever for the Jays for 3 seasons now, I don't expect him to implode.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 pm

why wasnt accardo in for the save today then? frasor is the ligical solid safe guy to go to

in deeper and AL leagues he was drafted and touted
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates