need owners for 20 team gm keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

need owners for 20 team gm keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HelmetHead » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:43 pm

That was me, I would like it if they made you login to post at this site. :-t

I recieved my .XLS btw, good job Kieth.
HelmetHead
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:38 pm

..i totally agree with the draft "not being random"...some teams are somuch weaker than others that its only fair to give them the draft order as if it were the real basball draft..from worst to first is the only fair way to do a draft when protecting "entire starting lineups"..of course a random draft works for "new" leagues but this isnt that..i am not saying this based on where i pick beacuse i probably wouldnt move much either way(i didnt check the standings overalol to see where we all would be)...does anyone else have any concerns?.......i would stay with this if the league as a whole decides to but i want to make sure wew all agree..thanks..Bob(Phillies)Image
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bearsfan51 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:57 pm

the draft was random because even using winning percentage is not fair. example pirates had an almost .500 record last year, but lost all their players. the marlins had a great record but lost a ton of talent. the randomness was done so we dont have to argue back and forth about who is better or worse.
and i already gave compensation to the 2 teams who had no chance in the pirates and tigers.
in addition, it was noted on the very first message i posted that it would in fact be a random draft.
again good luck and have fun trading. all the cubbies heads are on the trading block.
bearsfan51

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bearsfan51 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:07 pm

sorry forgot a few things. we will have a 30 man roster.
if you notice we will only have 25 players after the draft. if it goes quick we will draft the other 5 rounds, if slow we will just let everyone use the waiver wire.
trades do not have to be balance- example could be 3 for 1 , 6 for 3 and a pick, etc.
bearsfan51

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:32 pm

..we should set up a Yahoo "group page for our league...i do that for hockey and football and it works out great for offseason stuff..you can add whole team rosters and use a message board and all..easier than this site and it'll be for our leagues eyes only..once the year opens the league page is fine but they wont have baseball up for awhile..anyone (commish Keith ) want to do this?.....its a real good idea,making trade and stuff easier..
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DTigers » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:49 pm

Keith - The Tigers will drop Inge
DTigers
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Trades Welcome

Postby OldTimeWrestling@aol.com » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:21 pm

I could use an upgrade in certain areas propse trades
OldTimeWrestling@aol.com

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:50 pm

THe Phillies would like to trade for a 3B..I have 5 top quality SP's to offer..please get back to me with a post here or email me mailto:BROADSTREETBULLY@comcast.net or AIM me @ rudeboy388

thanks Image
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

everyone on block

Postby kingjj21 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:18 pm

will trade anyone would like 1 or 2 starting pitchers
kingjj21

Postby Matt406 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:08 pm

Hey guys I made a message board for the league. If everyone likes it we can make it our permanent home. Let's face it we can't run our league on this site, I mean it is a keeper league so we don't want to clutter this site.

The link is:
http://summersluggers.proboards26.com/index.cgi

Just create a username, its real easy.

NOTE: Make sure you include your team name in ur username so we know who we are talking to when discussing trades, roster moves, and such.

We can conduct the draft on there, post rosters, discuss trades, and basically conduct all off-season business on this message board and just use Yahoo! to keep score for us.

If everyone likes it then lets use it, if people don't then its cool I only wasted 30 minutes setting it up.

Bearsfan, I'll give you Admin status if I can or moderator (I'm not real sure how to do that right now, but I'll figure it out), that way you can be in charge of the message board too (since it is your league).

The message board is similar to this one (i.e. it has private messages and such for discussing trades), but I think we might eventually get in trouble on here. This site promotes people who are looking for teams to make a league, but I don't think they really want a league carrying out all business on this site.

Well guys let me know what you think and check out the message board.

You can e-mail me with questions at mailto:matthew.brady@trinity.edu, but my e-mail has been messed up for some reason so you would probably be best off posting on here or signing up on the message board and PMing me on there or just posting it.

Thanks again guys and I look forward to the league!
Matt406

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds