100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Ryan Braun....Yo Gallardo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Braun....Yo Gallardo

Postby imblotto » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:05 am

Interesting box score today.

Braun 3 bombs, Gallardo 6ip 12 ks.

Although Yo wasn't too impressive his last start.

I don't care how bad Braun's d is, his bat is too unbelievable to ignore. Call him up!
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun....Yo Gallardo

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:45 am

imblotto wrote:Interesting box score today.

I don't care how bad Braun's d is, his bat is too unbelievable to ignore. Call him up!

You are thinking from a fantasy perspective though. How many wins could Brauns D actually cost the Brewers? The Brewers have a legit chance in the Central with that staff and young offense. Give him some more time and maybe he gets a bit more comfortable in the field, and lessens his chances of costing the Brewers some games in the field.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Ryan Braun....Yo Gallardo

Postby bojang0301 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:06 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
imblotto wrote:Interesting box score today.

You are thinking from a fantasy perspective though. How many wins could Brauns D actually cost the Brewers? The Brewers have a legit chance in the Central with that staff and young offense. Give him some more time and maybe he gets a bit more comfortable in the field, and lessens his chances of costing the Brewers some games in the field.

Does anybody else think that this could end up in a position switch? I mean his D needs so much work.
bojang0301
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BoilerATC » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:23 pm

I've read in a few places that he may move to the OF. They want him to succeed at 3B though because they don't have anyone else there. Still, if he keeps playing poorly he will end up in a corner OF.
BoilerATC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby imblotto » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:58 pm

The only way I seem him going to the outfield is if the Brewers are out of contention and trade away an outfielder. They have too much depth there.

By the way, another bomb today.
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Morrison8312 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Hasn't Hall played 3B for them before on a regular basis? Maybe move him to 3B and see how Braun does in the OF?
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby imblotto » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Morrison8312 wrote:Hasn't Hall played 3B for them before on a regular basis? Maybe move him to 3B and see how Braun does in the OF?

I follow the Brewers a lot. Excellent point, he did play 3rd mostly, but not on a regular basis (utility player). I don't completely understand the move to put Hall in centerfield. Its supposed to be a permanent thing.

I guess the move was meant put the Crew in an immediate position to compete, with Counsell and Graffinino as a ready veteran presence around a youthful team.\

I still think no matter how bad at third he is, his bat gives the Brewers a better chance to win than those two old guys.
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby imblotto » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Remember the Brewers put up with Weeks, and he's most definitely turning his glove around.
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bojang0301 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:07 pm

News: Brewers 3B prospect Ryan Braun did a lot of running during Saturday's 14-1 win for the Triple-A Nashville Sounds. Braun, the top offensive prospect of the Milwaukee Brewers, homered in his first three at-bats -- all against Chan Ho Park -- and drove in five runs Saturday night. "I faced him last time and don't think I hit a ball out of the infield," Braun told MLB.com, referring to a matchup against Park in the first series of the season. "So we're even now." Braun followed up his three-homer performance with another homer Sunday against the Mets Triple-A affiliate.

;-D Glad I got this guy on my Minor League squad. Can't wait until he debuts!
bojang0301
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:37 am

any word on when the Brewers could call this guy up? and any chance if/when he is called up it would be worth dropping someone like E Encarnacion or maybe Victorino?

for all the talk about how bad his defence is and how it could cost the Brewers some runs, couldnt his offence make up for that?
Counsell and Graffanino arnt exactly hitting very well.
this Braun hasnt yet played in the majors right? so the Ryan Braun RP for Kansas City is someone else, and this Braun isnt yet in the yahoo database right?

maybe off topic as for fantasy purposes, but this Braun kid is expected to be a big time star in the future? i just recently pulled a rookie card of his from Bowman, futures game jersey card too :)
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball