MLB.TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dchaney297 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Rounders wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to somehow export the video feed to one's TV?

Thanks
David

Yes you can. acs mentioned above that he exports it to his 37" and even makes it widescreen using another program. I know my brother has his computer hooked up to his TV and was able to easily switch it over to his TV and he said it looked great (around a 36" I believe).

Well I saw that message and after reading it a 2nd and 3rd time I thought maybe it just a giant computer screen. I guess I have pie on my face.

Thanks
David
dchaney297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 5:15 pm

dchaney297 wrote:
Rounders wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to somehow export the video feed to one's TV?

Thanks
David

Yes you can. acs mentioned above that he exports it to his 37" and even makes it widescreen using another program. I know my brother has his computer hooked up to his TV and was able to easily switch it over to his TV and he said it looked great (around a 36" I believe).

Well I saw that message and after reading it a 2nd and 3rd time I thought maybe it just a giant computer screen. I guess I have pie on my face.

Thanks
David

My Exact setup:

Firefox browser with MediaplayerConnectivity Plugin
VLC Media Player setup to open with MediaPlayerCon. Plugin
VLC Aspect Ratio set to 221:100 to stretch to full screen but with the Bars on top and bottom like a widescreen movie

Dell laptop connected to Olevia 37" LCD TV via VGA cable. probably can use S-Video or DVI if computer/TV supports it

Taa daa

BTW: 221:100 I think makes the picture look almost like Standard DEF. In fact standard def is so poor on HDTV's that it may look better ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dchaney297 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:
Rounders wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

My Exact setup:

VLC Aspect Ratio set to 221:100 to stretch to full screen but with the Bars on top and bottom like a widescreen movie

Dell laptop connected to Olevia 37" LCD TV via VGA cable. probably can use S-Video or DVI if computer/TV supports it

Taa daa

BTW: 221:100 I think makes the picture look almost like Standard DEF. In fact standard def is so poor on HDTV's that it may look better ;-D

Thanks acsguitar!

MY new PC has a s-video connection so I guess I will try it that way.

Regards,
David
dchaney297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 6:32 pm

dchaney297 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:
Rounders wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

My Exact setup:

Taa daa

Thanks acsguitar!

Regards,
David

It should have a VGA also...your TV may not
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jswede » Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 pm

Rounders wrote:
acsguitar wrote:BTW If you use VLC Media player and firefox plugin Media Player Connectivity

You can click on the Game and it will open up in VLC media player. You can do this as many times as you want as long as your bandwidth can handle it. So you can watch like 4 games at a time anyways ;-D

Thx, I do use firefox, so I'll have to look into the rest of this and c if my computer can handle it. That's the only reason I liked the idea of Mosaic - with 3 fantasy baseball teams, I'd have players hitting/pitching at the same time a lot.

I downloaded the VLC Media Player and the FireFox Plug-in Media Player Connectivity for Windows. Extra Innings is still coming up the way it was before, in a FireFox window. How do I get it to pull up in the player? I'm not incredibly savvy when it comes to this - 'lil help? TIA.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dchaney297 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:57 pm

acsguitar wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
dchaney297 wrote:
Rounders wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

My Exact setup:

Taa daa

Thanks acsguitar!

Regards,
David

It should have a VGA also...your TV may not

Okay a couple of questions.

First of all in regards to the signal going to the TV. Do I understand correctly that Windows sees that as an additional monitor?

Next, I downloaded, installed both VLC and the Plug In. When starting the video file the VLC window opens and the audio starts. Then some kind of video image is coming through but blurry really isn't really the right word. There is something coming through but some setting is obviously not right. What setting do I have to change in VLC (from the default) to get the video right.

And finally, do you simply just drag the playing video window to your TV to watch it or I'm I accomplishing something else?

Thanks
David
dchaney297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Basically you need to go into the Mediaplayerconnectivity settings through firefox.

It should be under tools. Tell Firefox that it needs to stop and open all video files with VLC media player.

You should see a black screen with a Movie reel icon where the video used to be.

Click it and it should open in VLC.

If its blurry I have no idea whats going on. I've never had any issues on it with 4 computers I've used it on.

However, there is a large community that supports VLC questions if you google it.

As for if windows sees your TV as another monitor: YES

If you have a laptop you can hit FN F8 in order to switch the inputs. Otherwise you will need to control it through control panel and then display.

Depending on your OS and age of system etc..you'll obviously have different results.

BTW you can set MPC to open with any video player such as WMP or Media Player Classic or whatever. ;-D

A big point in this whole thing was that you need to tell MPC to select VLC as the way to open movies
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dchaney297 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:Basically you need to go into the Mediaplayerconnectivity settings through firefox.

It should be under tools. Tell Firefox that it needs to stop and open all video files with VLC media player.

You should see a black screen with a Movie reel icon where the video used to be.

If its blurry I have no idea whats going on. I've never had any issues on it with 4 computers I've used it on.

However, there is a large community that supports VLC questions if you google it.

If you have a laptop you can hit FN F8 in order to switch the inputs. Otherwise you will need to control it through control panel and then display.

Depending on your OS and age of system etc..you'll obviously have different results.

BTW you can set MPC to open with any video player such as WMP or Media Player Classic or whatever. ;-D

A big point in this whole thing was that you need to tell MPC to select VLC as the way to open movies

10-4 thanks for the help this evening.

I don't have it working like you describe yet with VLC BUT, I've been able to set the TV up as a 2nd monitor, move the MLB Pop Up to the TV. I then double click the video and it goes full screen.

This may not be the ideal scenario like you describe but at least I'm watching it on the TV and not my PC.

I'll play with the settings and VLC some more this weekend.

Thanks again for the help.

David
dchaney297
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 9:50 pm

dchaney297 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Basically you need to go into the Mediaplayerconnectivity settings through firefox.

10-4 thanks for the help this evening.

I don't have it working like you describe yet with VLC BUT, I've been able to set the TV up as a 2nd monitor, move the MLB Pop Up to the TV. I then double click the video and it goes full screen.

This may not be the ideal scenario like you describe but at least I'm watching it on the TV and not my PC.

I'll play with the settings and VLC some more this weekend.

Thanks again for the help.

David

If you have the monitor showing on both screens then it will pop into fullscreen. If you set it to make the TV the ONLY monitor. Meaning your normal monitor is black screened then it will become your primary monitor and will only go full screen when you tell it to through the VLC options.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dooz » Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 am

what if you are using the "extended desktop"?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers