Milwaukee Brewers: General Updates - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers: General Updates

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milwaukee Brewers: General Updates

Postby bell » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:53 am

I know all of those Brewers fans frequenting the Cafe are clamoring for some news, so here goes:

Source: ESPN

Jan. 2 - The Tacoma News-Tribune suggests the Mariners could look to obtain Jenkins from Milwaukee, which might still be interested in unloading his $8.25 million 2004 salary. The Brewers traded Richie Sexson earlier this season in a cost-cutting move and need to get their payroll down to $30 million. Further, the paper points out, Jenkins has Washington roots, is a good defensive outfielder and hits left-handed.

The Brewers are said to be interested in acquiring shortstop Carlos Guillen from the Mariners, and the News-Tribune speculates the sides could try to put together a deal that works under both teams' budgetary concerns.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:13 am

:-P ..The Selig clan is just trying to dump salary so they can pocket more money....what happened to the deal for a new stadium....that they would put a competitive team on the field.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bell » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:18 am

DieHardCubbie wrote::-P ..The Selig clan is just trying to dump salary so they can pocket more money....what happened to the deal for a new stadium....that they would put a competitive team on the field.... :-/

Yeah, I'd like to see every Selig family connection gone from that organization. It's tough to come from 'Sconsin and not even be able to show any pride in the team when you know who's pulling the strings from above. They would make good candidates to be tarred and feathered.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chichpsalm » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:53 pm

As much as I can't stand the Selig clan, I think Jenkins salary needs to go. Load up on some more prospects and give Fielder a good supporting cast when he makes the big show.

I grew up rooting for the Crew (since they were AL and didn't play in my Reds division), so the past, oh, 20 years have been pretty darn painful.
Did you know there are no such things as "white" or "black" people?

http://onehumanrace.com/
chichpsalm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Milwaukee Brewers