Mark Teahen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Teahen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Teahen

Postby Jschmuck2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:59 pm

Teahen-heads:

I honestly don't know too much about this guy - apart from the fact that he's supposed to have a big year.

Why is this the case? Is he a super prospect from last year? I honestly don't know.
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:03 pm

T-Hen or M-Tea as he is often referred to is a common sleeper here at the Cafe. Several reasons for this-

Last season he was nuclear hot for about 3 months. Some folks think he is capable of performing at or near that level for a full season. If you stretch last season's numbers across an entire season, they would be pretty darned impressive. But is he really that good? It's debatable.

He was 10 for 10 in stolen base attempts last season. Could he steal even more this year?

In addition, he is 3B/OF eligible in Yahoo. That's very useful, especially in leagues with interesting roster settings.

Finally, he was typically drafted in the 13th round or later. If he does carry over the hot streak from last season he could easily put up numbers that make him a steal at that draft position. So far, however... he sucks.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Jschmuck2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks Sim - very insightful :)

85 views and only one opinion?!?! I've been reading this board since last season and I know someone else must be itching to say something.
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby alecspade » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:52 pm

During my pre-draft analysis I looked at his numbers and concluded that he would be a solid player this year barring injury. I actually picked him up AFTER grabbing Alex Gordon and got some flak for having two Royals (I now have 4 with Dotel+Soria LOL). All 4 of them have been on my bench all year (Dotel on DL) except I gave Teahen a spot start this week when most of my players were off. He promptly went 0-4. He may be first on my team to get the boot if it comes to it. Thankfully the league I'm in has casual players who don't seem to pay attention to sleepers and only value name players so I don't usually have to rush to jump on a sleeper like Lind, Lincecum, etc. I mean, I got Gordon in the 18th and Teahen in the 21st. But with pretty much everybody on KC struggling to hit the ball, they absolutely must be benched for the time being. Luckily for me I have M-Cab starting at 3rd so I don't have to start either Gordon or Teahen.
alecspade
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Loose Circuits » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:26 am

I sent him packing for that Japanese dude...at least I got the good sleeper now
Loose Circuits
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:51 am

Loose Circuits wrote:I sent him packing for that Japanese dude...at least I got the good sleeper now

You got the "good" sleeper because you grabbed the guy who had a good first week, when there are 24 weeks to go? Smart logic there. I'm sure you'll do well.

Sim summed it up nicely. I grabbed him late, can keep him next year, and I'm fine spot starting him until he gets it going. If you dropped every guy who had a bad first week, you'd never time it right.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 am

Simulacrum wrote:T-Hen or M-Tea as he is often referred to is a common sleeper here at the Cafe. Several reasons for this-

Last season he was nuclear hot for about 3 months. Some folks think he is capable of performing at or near that level for a full season. If you stretch last season's numbers across an entire season, they would be pretty darned impressive. But is he really that good? It's debatable.

He was 10 for 10 in stolen base attempts last season. Could he steal even more this year?

In addition, he is 3B/OF eligible in Yahoo. That's very useful, especially in leagues with interesting roster settings.

Finally, he was typically drafted in the 13th round or later. If he does carry over the hot streak from last season he could easily put up numbers that make him a steal at that draft position. So far, however... he sucks.

Well done. T-Hen's looked like T-Bag so far. :-P
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 23, 2007 9:06 pm

He seems to be heating up nicely... 7 RBIs and an SB in his last 6 games. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby DbacksRback » Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Simulacrum wrote:He seems to be heating up nicely... 7 RBIs and an SB in his last 6 games. ;-D

yes he has. i was very mad when someone drafted him in my league but grabbed him up quickly when he dropped him after a few weeks in my 14 team league.. likeing him a lot more than zimmerman this year :-°

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:He seems to be heating up nicely... 7 RBIs and an SB in his last 6 games. ;-D

yes he has. i was very mad when someone drafted him in my league but grabbed him up quickly when he dropped him after a few weeks in my 14 team league.. likeing him a lot more than zimmerman this year :-°

Dont speak too soon... ;-)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers