16 Team Keeper League: How am I doing? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16 Team Keeper League: How am I doing?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 Team Keeper League: How am I doing?

Postby coldfusion » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:44 am

16 Team 5x5 Keeper League. My first keeper league, but I think I'm doing ok so far. Opinions?

C Joe Mauer
1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Mark Teahen
SS Aaron Hill
OF Nick Swisher
OF Chris Duncan
CF Rocco Baldelli
Ut Kevin Youkilis
Bn Troy Tulowitzki
Bn Luke Scott
Bn Ryan Church

SP Matt Cain
SP CC Sabathia
RP Eric Gagne
RP Salomon Torres
P Derrick Turnbow
P Anibal Sanchez
P Zack Greinke
Bn Tim Lincecum
Bn Matt Morris

With the Giants record where it is, Lincecum could be brought up sooner than anticipated, while Morris has been pitching very well. The bench is weak, but I feel like I have a strong core to build around. Any thoughts?
coldfusion
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16 Team Keeper League: How am I doing?

Postby tianyi86 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:13 am

coldfusion wrote:16 Team 5x5 Keeper League. My first keeper league, but I think I'm doing ok so far. Opinions?

C Joe Mauer
1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Mark Teahen
SS Aaron Hill
OF Nick Swisher
OF Chris Duncan
CF Rocco Baldelli
Ut Kevin Youkilis
Bn Troy Tulowitzki
Bn Luke Scott
Bn Ryan Church

SP Matt Cain
SP CC Sabathia
RP Eric Gagne
RP Salomon Torres
P Derrick Turnbow
P Anibal Sanchez
P Zack Greinke
Bn Tim Lincecum
Bn Matt Morris

With the Giants record where it is, Lincecum could be brought up sooner than anticipated, while Morris has been pitching very well. The bench is weak, but I feel like I have a strong core to build around. Any thoughts?

I really don't like this team. The offense is bad even for a 20 team standard imo, much less for a 16 team league.

Looks like your first pick is Joe Mauer or morneau, which doesn't make sense because Morneau can go in the late 20s easily, while mauer usually goes late 20 and early 30s (which is overpaying because no way he overplays the other people drafted around him).

The offense is not really strong in any category because you only have one real power hitter in morneau, and the team is rbi light. The average is bad because only one who bats over .300 for sure is Mauer. Speed is also an issue because someone with Reyes or Crawford can beat you in stls.

In order for you to compete in the offense, you need Kinsler to maintain his pace or close to it, and for your prospects to play well or be called up and play well.

The pitching isn't bad for 16 team leaguer and I agree with you that Lincecum will get called up, but beside Cain and Sabathia (and I guess Sanchez), the rest of the rotation is a pretty big question mark.

This team may be good in 2 years where Teahen and Hill develops, but it is not very competitive for this year.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team