errr yahoo trade error? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

errr yahoo trade error?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

errr yahoo trade error?

Postby echizen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:09 pm

So yesterday a trade was pending for a bit...but today it was gone and nothing happened to each team. I'm pretty sure the trade wasn't vetoed, because it'd say so..and I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything as the commish to mess up the deal.

Did any of you guys have a similar thing happen?

(btw it was freel for chone...which i stick my tongue out at)
echizen
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pa_tater » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 pm

I'm assuming he was giving you Figgins and you were giving him Freel.

He likely put Figgins on the DL which seems to somehow nullify pending trades in Yahoo. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
pa_tater
College Coach
College Coach

Postby echizen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:18 pm

oh the trade didn't involve me...i'm just overseeing it
echizen
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dc928 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:25 pm

yeh it happen to me as well. I re-propose to the guy again telling him to put the player out of DL until after the trade. Otherwise, the trade won't went throgh, so stupid!!!!!
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 pm

pa_tater wrote:I'm assuming he was giving you Figgins and you were giving him Freel.

He likely put Figgins on the DL which seems to somehow nullify pending trades in Yahoo. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct.If a player is on the DL he is considered to be not on the active roster;As a result, the trade can not go through since the active roster is full.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:21 am

There is a situation that has been true for some time that goes something like this:

Team A and Team B make a trade. In the trade, Team B gives up a player who has DL eligibility. Let's say he gives up DL guy and gets non-DL guy.

While the trade is pending, he puts DL guy on the DL, and adds another player. He now has no room for a non-DL player.

The trade is supposed to go final. However, Team B can no longer accept non-DL guy onto his team without going over the roster limit, so the trade gets disqualified.

This is a bad situation; in the best case, it is confusing for an owner who innocently does this. In the worst case, it can let an unscrupulous owner back out of a trade after the fact if he's giving up an injured player. We don't like either of these situations, and currently have a fix in testing that should prevent this problem going forward.

EDIT: as soon as I finished posting this, I checked my e-mail, and had a note from my coworker which leads me to believe this fix has actually gone live. So hopefully this situation won't happen any more.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:33 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:There is a situation that has been true for some time that goes something like this:

Team A and Team B make a trade. In the trade, Team B gives up a player who has DL eligibility. Let's say he gives up DL guy and gets non-DL guy.

While the trade is pending, he puts DL guy on the DL, and adds another player. He now has no room for a non-DL player.

The trade is supposed to go final. However, Team B can no longer accept non-DL guy onto his team without going over the roster limit, so the trade gets disqualified.

This is a bad situation; in the best case, it is confusing for an owner who innocently does this. In the worst case, it can let an unscrupulous owner back out of a trade after the fact if he's giving up an injured player. We don't like either of these situations, and currently have a fix in testing that should prevent this problem going forward.

EDIT: as soon as I finished posting this, I checked my e-mail, and had a note from my coworker which leads me to believe this fix has actually gone live. So hopefully this situation won't happen any more.
I think that it is insane that you come in here and answer every bodies technical questions like this. Mad props to you man, mad props to you.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:29 am

did it have something to do with roster size since figgins is on the DL. If one of the teams is over the roster size yahoo won't process it.

It happened to me in football. I did a 2 for 1 with an owner with a free spot at the time he accepted the deal(so yahoo never asked him to drop a player). But with my leagues 2-3 day pending process, he claimed a player off waivers taking that free spot. Then when it came time for the deal to go through, it was as if it never happened because it would put him over the roster limit.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Old_Style » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:32 am

DVauthrin wrote:did it have something to do with roster size since figgins is on the DL. If one of the teams is over the roster size yahoo won't process it.

It happened to me in football. I did a 2 for 1 with an owner with a free spot at the time he accepted the deal(so yahoo never asked him to drop a player). But with my leagues 2-3 day pending process, he claimed a player off waivers taking that free spot. Then when it came time for the deal to go through, it was as if it never happened because it would put him over the roster limit.

Refer to Genie's post.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:35 am

Old_Style wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:did it have something to do with roster size since figgins is on the DL. If one of the teams is over the roster size yahoo won't process it.

Refer to Genie's post.

I saw it after I posted that this had happened to me before. It definitely needs to be fixed however.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Baseball Leftovers